BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > training enthusasim... literally

training enthusasim... literally

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 7/11/2009 1:11:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have an idea, why don't you guys give the option of letting teams train enthusiasm for their weekly training. I figure teams that always crunch time would try to get that extra boost in enthusiasm (may be interesting to see teams get 19 enthusiasm during cups... it most likely will drop to 13 or 14 before the next game.) Anyways, training enthusiasm will of course help teams on a short term basis.

Before I get any criticism on "You can't train enthusiasm," I guess I could say the coach would have his team in the locker room, instead of practicing on the court, and he would give Al Pacino speeches during practice to really excite his team. See, mental training, and they are technically "taking it easy" during practice.

Teams that train enthusiasm will neglect to improve their teams attributes, thus on the long run diminish their chances of winning games in better leagues. So training enthusiasm once in a while is a good thing.

A division V team with a horrible roster could probably compete against a division IV team that doesn't manage enthusiasm. I believe this would give the engine less predictably and mix thinks up a bit.

I probably would train enthusiasm the week before the playoffs so I could crunch time my opponents. What do you guys think?

This Post:
100860.2 in reply to 100860.1
Date: 7/11/2009 2:28:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If the BBs are trying to decrease ways of having a higher enthusiasm, why would they allow you to train it? I personally think that this would give teams that always train enthusiasm a large advantage over a team with low enthusiasm that trains trainees.

Teams that train enthusiasm will neglect to improve their teams attributes, thus on the long run diminish their chances of winning games in better leagues. So training enthusiasm once in a while is a good thing.

If the enthusiasm's 15-5, anything can happen.

This Post:
100860.3 in reply to 100860.2
Date: 7/11/2009 6:40:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, after reading a few forum pages, I thought a lot of people were upset that the enthusiasm dropped at an incredible rate when it was really high. I was at 15 enthusiasm after a Saturday game (note this was during the cup) and my enthusiasm dropped twice the next day. In fact, it skipped 14 and went straight to 13.

When the cup finishes, or when teams our out of the cup, teams can't TIE scrimmages, so I thought it would be a neat way to compensate enthusiasm during scrims. I mean do you have a problem that enthusiasm can be managed during the cup?

If the enthusiasm's 15-5, anything can happen.

That was kinda my point, it would make games in higher division more competitive and it would give teams a chance to make it to a division III or II league. Besides, most division V teams don't know how to manage enthusiasm.