BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Blocking/OD

Blocking/OD

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 7/22/2009 2:02:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Does sb know if blocking has an effect on opponents FG%? I am contemplating training my sf/guards some blocking if it has a significant impact on the fg% of my opponents.

Currently I dont understand exacatly where the line is drawn between OD and blocking or how those skills work together. Does OD include contesting oppenents shots too, or is the defensive work based on OD finished when the opponent player lifts off for the shot?

This Post:
102297.2 in reply to 102297.1
Date: 7/22/2009 2:07:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
OD and defense in general affects the quality of shots taken.

Shot blocking mostly determines whether a shot that's taken will be blocked.

So the two are distinctly difference: against a player with higher defense skills, you'll get worse quality shots; against a player with high shot blocking, your have a higher chance of getting your shots blocked.

It is probably easier to block poor shots rather than good shots, though this is pure speculation.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
102297.3 in reply to 102297.2
Date: 7/23/2009 5:13:46 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In real life you would of course rather have a good defender that forces the offensive player into a tough or contested shot. I am not sure if the game values OD, ID or SB more but it would make more sense to value defense.