BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Cyprus > [NAT] European Balance

[NAT] European Balance

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 07/29/2009 07:49:22
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi all, I'm a little bit proud to say that for the first time we reach a victory in a Qualifying European Tournament. We won two times! Against Norge and Hayastan, but we could reach a better result... that's why:

we lose against Makedonija by 1 point in a match we should win (we were better both for Match Ratings and Evaluation, but free throws condemn us to the L) and we lose against Ceska Rep. and Rossiya only during the last part of fourth quarter.

Portugal and Italy are obviously too strong, but a couple of seasons we could be at the same level of top 16 in Europe. It's no more a dream, but something that could be real and it depends on you Cypriot and Cypriot Trainers only doing your best for growing up players.

I'm thinking about a new mandate, but I've to think a lot about and speak with JohnnyB that could be my successor if I wanna leave Cyprus for Italy or some new National Country Experience.

Next season I will have Atmatzidis and Zampetas that are two great players. The first one will play for sure as starter Point Guard, the second one could be recruited if he pop-ups some levels on OD.

Kampolis and Gagalatos should pop-up many levels to have a chance to be on NT, but we will see at the end of the season.

Others could have a chance, but I have to look them at the end of the season and I've to speak with their own manager for sure about that.

I will ensure best players as Pikoulas, Kraidis and Kaliasis, for example, to the Junior Team that have to play European Qualification Round, and we have to do our best!

I will thank you everyone involved in National Team, like The Cippis and all managers which receive my mails every week and answer my to create a great job and a proactive collaboration.

Steve Makis

Cyprus National Team Manager