BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Replace Stamina Training

Replace Stamina Training

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 12/21/2007 6:19:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
With the new addition of minutes for form and stamina, I think a change is needed instead.

BB's goal right now is to improve the talent pool in the market but this new system will only drag it, when we are forced to train stamina much more than is needed if a star player gets hurts for a few weeks.

So here's my idea:

1.Make stamina level rise and drop PURELY by the number minutes each player plays like how Game Shape is right now.

2. Too much minutes will decrease stamina, too few minutes will decrease stamina.

3. Stamina training can still be trained if the player choose to hurry their players back into game condition.

With this idea, injured players will benefit ALOT from this:
As is of now when your player is injured for a few weeks his stamina is going to plunge all the way down to atrocious.
However by making him play more games and minutes he will be back into Game Shape and Stamina level to be effective again, instead of having to waste a few weeks worth of stamina training just for 1 player.

This Post:
10474.2 in reply to 10474.1
Date: 12/21/2007 6:25:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't know if a straight-up link to minutes will happen, as that's more or less making Game Shape mirror Stamina.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
10474.3 in reply to 10474.2
Date: 12/21/2007 6:36:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thats true, but then again you don't really hear much about "stamina" in a modern basketball game (unless your antoine walker) any idea how this would be implemented is why is posted :)

Another idea is to drop Stamina and Game Shape completely for what i call "Fatigue Level"

For example, I don't want Baron Davis to play 40+ minutes every game for the Warriors, as much as the Suns doesn't want Nash to play that much for his annual late season breakdown. So instead the point is to Balance game play time and rest time for them.

This Post:
10474.4 in reply to 10474.1
Date: 12/21/2007 7:25:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
BB's goal right now is to improve the talent pool in the market but this new system will only drag it, when we are forced to train stamina much more than is needed if a star player gets hurts for a few weeks.

I've been thinking about that exact point since the upcoming changes were posted on the News page.

4) Training for the youngest players will now happen approximately twice as quickly overall, so that we can build up the population of skilled players more rapidly. As players get older, the speedup will not be as high, and over the next few seasons, the training pace will be gradually reduced until it reaches our long-term equilibrium goal of approximately 1.5 times the current pace.

...seems to be entirely contradicted by...

5) Stamina will now decrease during weeks when a player plays too few minutes and during injuries, so as to encourage teams to regularly train it rather than just doing so once.

Let me get this straight: You want to speed up training so we can occasionally stop training altogether??

There were also some pretty good ideas (much like yours) in this thread: (9997.1)

But I'll add to the discussion here my thoughts from (9997.25):
If the developers really think that there needs to be some challenge to maintaining stamina, there are better solutions. First, if stamina must drop as they have currently implemented, there should be a % share of each week's training devoted to stamina, in addition to whatever training is the focus the team. Second, if that option is not available, then CharlesThe2nd has the bast solution:
So, stamina should drop during time if you don't train it, but has nothing to do with game time.

And this should be a very gradual drop, which could be tweaked to be less gradual for a player who doesn't play much at all for weeks on end.

Edited by darykjozef (12/21/2007 7:27:46 AM CET)

Last edited by darykjozef at 12/21/2007 7:27:46 AM

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
Keep your friend`s toast, and your enemy`s toaster.
This Post:
10474.5 in reply to 10474.4
Date: 12/26/2007 6:35:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I also sugested something about stamina somewhere, but can't find it anymore. It came down to this:

give every player a background stamina. This is the level they go to when playing some minutes (no 48 needed, no 24 or 5, just some minutes, the more, the faster he'll get back to his background ofcourse)

then, additionally:

training him in stamina regularly will bring him faster up to his background if he is below and drop slower if he is above (or even stay above if he trains stamina often enough), also overtime he will be able to increase his background, if he trains enough stamina.
If he never gets training, or to few training on stamina, he will drop to his background form, and later on can get below it (but decreasing very slowly) If he gets below his background by lack of training, and he does not receive training within let's say 2 weeks, then his background will also decrease.

This way stamina still can go up and down, depending on training, but the player retains some baseform of stamina. In ''extreme'' circumstances this baseform can also change, but normally treated players will keep their background (as people in normal life do as well I guess, some are more atletic than others....)

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
10474.6 in reply to 10474.5
Date: 12/27/2007 12:42:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I like your idea as well. It kinda reminds me of how hattrick deals with player form (and there are issues with that as well).

It remains to be seen yet how much difference has been made by Forrest's latest tweak to the stamina ("reduced by about 25%" I think he said); so I am reserving any further judgement on this issue until after the training update this week (and it may take two weeks or more to really know how much the change effects things).

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
Keep your friend`s toast, and your enemy`s toaster.
This Post:
10474.7 in reply to 10474.6
Date: 12/27/2007 9:46:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think he even said that the effect was 1/4th of before, so it would be reduced by 75%..

whatever% it is, we won't realy know what effect it has until we see the results, so indeed it would be best to wait and see.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
10474.8 in reply to 10474.7
Date: 12/27/2007 9:17:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I personally like stamina the way it is.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager