BuzzerBeater Forums

Cyprus - I.1 > Disappointed

Disappointed

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 09/26/2009 13:16:23
Overall Posts Rated:
I am very disappointed from my teams performance this year. Nothing seems to go right. I have increased almost all my players in respect to their skills, I bought a trainer level 6 for better training but unfortunately instead of getting better my players tend to get worse. I dont know what I am doing wrong. Their shooting is worse now that they are better skilled. I am trying to understand what goes wrong. Could it be the other teams are so far better and have developed so much more than my team? I dont get it. The mean value of my players is roughly between 500 and 1500000. I have four players that are estimated 500000 and 1550000. I am trying to get it right switching positions to see which is the best set up. Need help.

This Post:
113409.2 in reply to 113409.1
Date: 09/26/2009 13:24:23
Overall Posts Rated:
some teams in the league are way too far ahead of you. you have to focus on some short term and some long term goals.

long term goals: grow some homemade superstar in a couple of positions: ex. C and pf or pg and g. how to do it: focus on "smart training:" don't go and :
I have increased almost all my players in respect to their skills
this is a losing startegy on the long term, and sometimes on the short.
- get 3-6 trainees that have age and height suitable with a kind of training ( bigs or guards): ex. max 1.90 max 20 y.o. guards - min. 2.11 max 20 y.o. Bigs.

train them focusing on defense and shotting.

don't waste time on the others if you train those guys, you can always buy players you don't train.

build up your arena you are fully selling it with max prices. build build build.

this are minimum hints to start a good team. bbmail me for more detailed suggestions.

you can find me on msn: visca84@libero.it, talking directly is always better.

This Post:
113409.3 in reply to 113409.1
Date: 09/27/2009 04:19:39
Overall Posts Rated:
1st u must understand that its a long term game. You cant expect to be good from the day 1. 2nd your players are not very good. You are saying that your 4 best players are worth from 500-1.5 mil. On comparison with my players, ive spend 2.9 mill for my PG, 1.8 mil for my SG. Even my backup PG/SG worths 800-900k. And those players are the players that ive bought. Put on the account the 3 NT big men that i have and you get the idea. Ive seen that u have made so many transfers but you dont have a good player. Right now i am training big men, and every season i have 5 trainees. (its the best number of trainees for u now too). Every season i am selling 1 of them, and with the money that i am getting, i am buying a very good to great player on the positions that i dont train. How i got my trainees? 2 of them they where on my team when i took over (Karalikos last seasons MVP, part of the NT, and Katsis that i sold him last season for 510k). Ive bought Yiannakakos very cheap (100k) when he was 18 and now he is the best 20/yo C of Cyprus, then the draft. From there i got Gagalatos (part of the NT) Papanagiotou that ive sold him after 2 seasons of training for 1.3 mil, Kerkidis who is little old, and little behind from development wise, but great potential. Gagalatos drafted when he was 19 too, but look at him now, and last Batsinilas. 18 y/o who can be a very good player in the future. BTW my trainer is only 4 lvl, but u dont need more actually if u know what u r doing. Also i am not forgetting, to expand my arena when i can. As u can see in last month ive made 3 upgrades. Gold Towers are using the same strategy, with difference, that Tassos is training guards, and as u can see we are the 2 teams with the most NT players in Cyprus.

I hope that i showed u a good way to the success. Feel free to ask everything that u want, and i can give u my msn too. Just send me an email.

This Post:
113409.4 in reply to 113409.1
Date: 09/27/2009 05:33:07
Overall Posts Rated:
I am very disappointed from my teams performance this year. Nothing seems to go right. I have increased almost all my players in respect to their skills, I bought a trainer level 6 for better training but unfortunately instead of getting better my players tend to get worse. I dont know what I am doing wrong. Their shooting is worse now that they are better skilled. I am trying to understand what goes wrong. Could it be the other teams are so far better and have developed so much more than my team? I dont get it. The mean value of my players is roughly between 500 and 1500000. I have four players that are estimated 500000 and 1550000. I am trying to get it right switching positions to see which is the best set up. Need help.

First error I always remarked to you on many BB-Mails...

Too much, level 6 is only a way to waste your economy...

Because you play against better defenses

..but you're wrong.

and so what? many are better...

Finally you ask for it and Thecippis and JohnnyB have done it... good and important suggestions that I gave to you 2 seasons before, but anyway... you could start from nowon. Good luck

Last edited by Steve Makis™ at 09/27/2009 06:12:57