BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Advise on team development

Advise on team development

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/7/2009 12:04:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey guys! I am in my 3rd season in BB and I am having a hard time deciding to to proceed with the development of my team. For that reason I decided to to post my ideas here and then hopefully some of the more experienced managers here might offer me some advice. So untill the end of this current season i am deffinately gonna train my bigs. At the beginning of the next season I should have 3 bigs with the 20-30k salary range and one 30k salary SF/SG guy. The rest of my roster are inferiour to say the least. With that current situation I find myself with two equally appealing options.

Option 1: Keep training big man. Replace a trainee with a rookie and use the spare cash to reinforce the guards. This way I will eventually get good inside players from my trainees and get some average outside players on the way. It looks like the safe-er option at the moment.

Option 2: Switch to guard training. Get 3 rookies at the start of the season and start developing them. This will basically leave me stuck with the 20-30k inside guys for a while. Those guys will be fine for my league but if I want to promote in 3-4 seasons(which i do) they will probably not do the trick. Of course I might be able to upgrade them abit in the mean time. this option would allow me to to eventually train the really good guards that i want and I cant affort(4mil+ looks distant atm)

I know that its probably a common question but I still cant decide which would be the way to go. I am leaning towards option one but trying to get a good outside player with my current economic state make option2 quite attractive. So please if you guys have any advice for me it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

This Post:
114757.3 in reply to 114757.2
Date: 10/8/2009 9:36:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank for the reply, Josef. The short answer to your question is OD. Right now in my league there are plenty of outside teams and my starting pg has OD-7 and sg OD-8. My reserves are pretty much similar. I got that 12OD guy as well but him alone just doesnt cut it and i am seeing him as a future SF starter anyways. So what I need the most in order to be competitive right now is OD.
But if I wonna get promoted and stay promoted I am gonna need a team worthy of the top level. That means a balanced team with adequate reserves and strong starter on most positions. To get there by selling big-man trainees and buying expensive guards looks kinda tough right now. But then again if i go with option2 I might find myself lacking in the front court. Hense my dilemma