BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Transfer Fees

Transfer Fees

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 1/4/2008 2:20:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I suggest they be removed for original players, I don't see why selling those guys should cost anything. This could drain a lot of money out of the game if not implemented before next season's draft, as many people sell all of their draftees and go shopping.

This Post:
11523.2 in reply to 11523.1
Date: 1/5/2008 1:39:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
yes, but maybe the teams who stick to their draftpicks should get rewarded. This happens by not having any valueloss by not selling.
managers who want to sell in order to buy others are not rewarded, they just pay the fee and get less value from their draftplayer as when they wuold have kept him...

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
11523.3 in reply to 11523.2
Date: 1/6/2008 11:47:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
yes, but maybe the teams who stick to their draftpicks should get rewarded. This happens by not having any valueloss by not selling.

You realize that this makes no sense, right? It is no reward to keep a player you can't use, and it robs another team who may need that player. How is there no value loss if you keep a player you don't need? You have to pay his wages.

managers who want to sell in order to buy others are not rewarded

Not everyone who sells a player wants to buy another one. I don't want to keep more than 14 players around, and after the draft, I'll have to trim 17 back down to 14. I will likely sell at least 2 of my draft picks (plus another player; if not all 3 draft picks) in order to keep my roster at a size where their wages are affordable.

I can't think of a good reason to penalize teams for getting draft picks when the game demands they get those draft picks. This is not like HT where you can choose not to have a youth squad/academy. Whether or not you pay to scout them, those draft picks are coming.

I'm in agreement with nickfox. I've been saying the same thing since the agent's fee/tax/whatever was first implemented, but I hadn't thought about the amount of money that might leave the game forever in the first couple weeks of next season. Draft picks should be considered the same as players who have played on your team for a full season. I've spent $10k/wk for a full season scouting them, which roughly translates to 3.3k/wk in wages per draft pick. I see absolutely no reason why they should be treated the same as a new transfer when I have no idea what their skills are until they are already on my team.

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
Keep your friend`s toast, and your enemy`s toaster.
This Post:
11523.4 in reply to 11523.3
Date: 1/7/2008 4:36:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You realize that this makes no sense, right? It is no reward to keep a player you can't use, and it robs another team who may need that player. How is there no value loss if you keep a player you don't need? You have to pay his wages.

That is not what I meant, ofcourse you should sell those you don't need, but if a team has 15 players, and they all age every season, there will be a few new players a team will be able to use ...
If you are unlucky and can't use them at all, you can sell em, but I think the draft system is ment to give teams new trainees in the first place, not primarily for sales...
You just need to hope you get a youngster you want to train, and if you do, there is your reward for not having to sell him and needing to buy an other player for your training program...
It's hard for me to explain what I realy ment, but if you would understand my thought you'd see it makes some sence. ;)

I can't think of a good reason to penalize teams for getting draft picks when the game demands they get those draft picks. This is not like HT where you can choose not to have a youth squad/academy. Whether or not you pay to scout them, those draft picks are coming.

You don't need to sell them, you can also fire them, ofcourse you will want to sell them, and ofcourse you shouldn't be penalized for it. Therefor I don't see it as a penalty when you sell, but rather a bonus is you don't need to sell.
If you choose to buy your trainees during the season, and don't need/want draft payers, then it's free to put no money in it, pay no scouting, and even fire the draftpicks you got after you did not have to put any time in them to arrange the draftpick order. So the ga,e does not realy demands you loose money for the draft at all if you don't want to.
Still I think the primary reason for the draft is to supply teams with new trainees.
As a good second you can gain money from it by selling them, but them they'd be worth a little less because of the fee.

Draft picks should be considered the same as players who have played on your team for a full season.

I totally agree with you here, but still there will be a (very) small fee, not?

Is it already officially known how much fee there will be on draft players if you sell them? Maybe BB programed it just the way you say it should be?
I'm not well informed about it.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
11523.5 in reply to 11523.4
Date: 1/8/2008 12:37:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Is it already officially known how much fee there will be on draft players if you sell them?

Yes, it's 20% as of right now, the same as a newly bought player. I'd prefer it be 3%, the same as an original team member.

And I'm a lot clearer on your point of view now, thanks for clarifying. I agree that the primary reason for the draft is to supply teams with new trainees; but don't forget that the draft supplies the entire BB world with young players. Without the draft, the only youth in the game would be from newbie teams. Being that teams lose 20% of sales of their youth as it currently stands, there is a possibility of unneeded higher prices on youth in the game (who already have inflated prices when compared to their 20=21yo peers).

This Post:
11523.6 in reply to 11523.5
Date: 1/8/2008 12:43:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
hmmm.
I most certainly agree that a draft pick should have the same rules as a starting player in a team, not like one that is bought by transfer.

This Post:
11523.8 in reply to 11523.7
Date: 1/8/2008 9:59:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It is not officially written anywhere. However, it may be discovered by looking at the playerpage for a draftee from last season. I noticed it the day the agent's fee came into BB (9808.117)