BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Understanding the draft

Understanding the draft (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 12/7/2009 3:27:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
When the end of the season comes, I really enjoy the draft. I spend quite some time editing my picks; however, after the players are drafted, the draft edit numbers disappear. I can't really analyze how my draft went without the draft numbers. I want to know if my #1 choice was actually my #1. I can make some fairly good guesses, but those numbers help me understand if the other managers care about the draft as well. If I notice the other managers don't change their draft picks, I may want to invest more money for the draft next season.

Here is my simple solution, the numbers don't really matter... but the names do. On the draft edit list, the players names should also be on there. This will make the game more realistic, NBA teams don't scout numbers, they scouted people. By having the names before/after the draft, I can analyze my draft better.

Some managers may even draft people based on their names. Lets say a manager has no info on say #30, but his name is Gay Hitler... that may change the managers draft order and the overall draft.

I think this is an easy fix and it will make the draft easier to understand.

This Post:
121229.2 in reply to 121229.1
Date: 12/7/2009 3:31:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think I've read this before...
Anyway, are you aware of the simple fact that the numbers are different for every user? By making the info name-specific, you could team up with other users and share info, this is luckily now not possible.

!zazhigai!
This Post:
121229.3 in reply to 121229.2
Date: 12/7/2009 3:37:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok that makes a lot of sense.

Why don't you put the draft edit number in the draft summary then? Granted the numbers are different for every team, at least managers will know how they drafted. This information will be given after the draft, so managers can't use it to benefit other teams... since the draft will be over. This will also be better than the "preference" column... I still don't understand that. That way managers will know how their draft went.

This Post:
121229.4 in reply to 121229.3
Date: 12/7/2009 3:38:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
(120417.38) the answer to your questions

/closed

ZyZla - ZyZlūnas ZyZlavotas ~c(=