BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Offseason

Offseason

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 12/11/2009 10:25:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Shouldn't the offseason be better and longer than what it is???

Maybe a liittle longer offseason...2 or 3 weeks

Like in professional sports, when the season is over.. the players decide to take off for their vacation's... Spend time with their families...
If they have done something stupid in regards with the law... U can suspend them...

But besides tht should be able to do more in the offseason, like for example, in the offseason, the players in the TM should have an agent so should want to decide where they want to go.... Also the draft should be more hands on since we are paying money to scout these guys and getting info about them....

A training camp would be great... PLayers won't lose that touch that they had last season... Ya know.... I know its prolly going to be a long while before the suggestions prolly get implicated into buzzerbeater but its worth a shot...

This Post:
121632.2 in reply to 121632.1
Date: 12/11/2009 11:18:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, I don't like your idea

I think most people like buzzerbeater because it's a fast paced game. It's not like some other online sporting simulations where everything takes months to happen. People that don't make playoff or play relegation matches, or lose early in the playoffs are bored waiting for the next season. Prolonging that agony would be cruel and unproductive.

How would you code agents for players on the transfer market? What would the criteria be? How could they choose the teams they want to apply for? And then managers would have to offer them a contract, but they would also want to wait a response from the other team they'd like to join. It would create a huge slowdown and a complicated situation that wouldn't really benefit anyone.

As for the training camp, well you have it, in the form of two scrimmages. Stamina decreases with time, for all players, so the offseason period is a great opportunity to raise it since training stamina isn't connected to the minutes played in a week. And how many times your team lost due to poor free throws? (not really yours SmoOv3, using You as a generalization) Train those.

Offseason as it is, is a time to relax, plan for the future, follow the National Team elections, the promotions and relegations in your league and prepare for a new season

But that's just one opinion

Sincerely yours, Kivan.

P.S. I won't even start talking about the draft because I think it's the most discussed feature on this forums and I already talked about it on the forums so it would be redundant, and would just lead to another off-topic discussion. Suffice to say that I'm ok with the current system

This Post:
121632.3 in reply to 121632.1
Date: 12/12/2009 12:49:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
People would get bored with a long offseason - it's not happening.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
121632.4 in reply to 121632.3
Date: 12/12/2009 1:10:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
and I didn't want to just write what you did, I tried to give arguments as to why it would be so, and you just say it in a simple way.
tsk, that's because you're a GM, if I said it people would say : that's not constructive

:)))

(just joking)

To: Coco
This Post:
121632.6 in reply to 121632.5
Date: 12/12/2009 5:02:46 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think it´s a perfect length. It makes you really regret u didnt make it to the finals!

/Mannen

This Post:
121632.7 in reply to 121632.1
Date: 12/12/2009 8:32:29 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
A training camp would be great..

That`s only thing I like about your hole suggestion... But this could be done without making offseason longer because it`s already boring to wait then it`ll end. Training camp could be used for team those did not go the super-finals.

So this would be...

Team could send max 12 players to the training camp paying 1 000 000 in game money.
Training camp would work like this:

1) 5th and 8th teams could send their players first as don`t participate in PO or relegation games and would get one random skill-up for each player and randomly one more random skill-up for 6 of 12 players
2) runners-up from PO first round could send their players and get one random skill-up for each player.
3) runners-up from PO second round and relegation fights (if 2 games was enough) would get randomly random skill-up for 8 of 12 players.
4) runners-up from PO third round and relegation fights (if 3 games was played) would get randomly random skill-up for 4 of 12 players.

Every team suppose to pay 1 000 000 in game money to send their players to the camp, doesn`t matter what revenue they`ll get from it.

This system would be like bonus for time you wait till new season starts.

Every team would play friendlies as it`s now and get normal training as it`s now. That means training camp would finish exactly the same time as third super-final game finishes and everyone would see what they got from that 1 000 000 spent. That would be like a lottery, but fun one.

Crazy idea, but maybe someone will like it...

ZyZla - ZyZlūnas ZyZlavotas ~c(=
This Post:
121632.8 in reply to 121632.7
Date: 12/12/2009 2:25:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I saved up the whole season and now I have just $1.000.000
I hope next season (I'll be in III) to make more money. However, I wouldn't spend $1.000.000 while I could just train...

This Post:
121632.9 in reply to 121632.8
Date: 12/12/2009 2:35:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I saved up the whole season and now I have just $1.000.000
I hope next season (I'll be in III) to make more money. However, I wouldn't spend $1.000.000 while I could just train...

yeah price could be chosen for each div different as maybe it`s not possible to save so much...

I mean it would be like a bonus, so you wont loose your normal training... just an idea how take money out from the game...

ZyZla - ZyZlūnas ZyZlavotas ~c(=
Message deleted
This Post:
121632.11 in reply to 121632.9
Date: 12/29/2009 8:08:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It could be a way of dealing with the penalty of the 5th place.
I like this idea.