BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Remove possibility to play TIE

Remove possibility to play TIE

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 12/26/2009 4:47:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
In real life if you play one game with no effort then it wont give any advantage in the next game and I think it shouldn't in BB.
Also now it is possible to agree on playing TIE via private mail - both teams get enthusiasm up and don't lose anything.
And I would like better if every team in every game tried to win.

This Post:
125223.2 in reply to 125223.1
Date: 12/26/2009 9:51:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
In real life if you play one game with no effort then it wont give any advantage in the next game and I think it shouldn't in BB.
Also now it is possible to agree on playing TIE via private mail - both teams get enthusiasm up and don't lose anything.
And I would like better if every team in every game tried to win.

i fyou talk with basketball players or listen to their interviews you might change that impression. Sometimes you hear sentence like " this aren't the playoff", and you have to divide your power to several games.

This Post:
125223.3 in reply to 125223.2
Date: 12/27/2009 5:24:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think that is more about not playing CT. Normal game should be something you do in every game, divide power proportionally etc. For example if team A plays with team B and don't put in any effort that wont help against team C in next game (it should be the same if team A played normal game). If you play CT then it sorely will leave impact on next game.

But most important is that it is possible to agree on playing TIE. At least it should be forbidden, but it is not. Or that had to scare away fans because no one likes to see that their team takes it easy - fans have payed their money and they want to see at least normal game.

This Post:
125223.4 in reply to 125223.3
Date: 12/27/2009 6:36:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think that is more about not playing CT. Normal game should be something you do in every game, divide power proportionally etc. For example if team A plays with team B and don't put in any effort that wont help against team C in next game (it should be the same if team A played normal game). If you play CT then it sorely will leave impact on next game.

so we just talking about ow many steps we made, if a normal instead of a ct helps you in the next game, why this should be the only steps. Maybe we could discuss, that the effect is much higher then in reality, but for that the ct is much more powerful in effect and i personally like the tactical oppurtunities a Tie/noemal/CT strategy brings.(like the minutes/game shape thing which isn't really realistic or is Kobe just backup in the second game of the week?)

But most important is that it is possible to agree on playing TIE. At least it should be forbidden

The thing is how you want to control that? Read all the BB mails(bye bye privacy), and also ten there will be agreement made out of the normal "ways". So you can not prove it, so you have to allow it but the nice thing is it also allowed to break such agreements.

This Post:
125223.5 in reply to 125223.4
Date: 12/27/2009 9:00:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I must agree with you completely
having TIE/Normal/CT as options is a great tactical option.
In real life teams do take it easy some games, when they can afford to maybe lose, but then again I'm in the II division and I can win 85% of the games taking it easy... and as a hypothetical fan of my team, I'd rather see them taking it easy, doing alley oops, having fun and still winning

and also concerning the "possibility to agree on playing TIE" , as you said, the agreement can be broken, and that's part of the behind the scenes agreements that are sometimes also made in real life... and sometimes not followed through

This Post:
125223.6 in reply to 125223.5
Date: 12/27/2009 1:05:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If your real-life team had two games a week, one cup game on Wednesday with a team three divisions lower and another with your rival which is first in the standings and you 're second in a full arena what would you do? Play both games normal? I would say to my players to be careful not to sweat in the cup game...

Last edited by Ricky Davis at 12/27/2009 1:06:43 PM

This Post:
125223.7 in reply to 125223.5
Date: 12/27/2009 2:59:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
and also concerning the "possibility to agree on playing TIE" , as you said, the agreement can be broken, and that's part of the behind the scenes agreements that are sometimes also made in real life... and sometimes not followed through

Broken tie's rarely happen in my division. You play opponents too often to break a tie and ruin the advantage of future mutual tie's.

The teams that don't mutual tie and play it straight are the ones that are most disadvantaged by the enthusiasm system.

Mutual tie's are important to success. So, collusion is effectively an important part of BB. That pretty much sucks for everyone.

There's been good suggestions to fix this in the past but have not been well received by the BB's to take them on. Until someone comes up with a better solution that the BB's like it will probably stay as it is now.

Last edited by brian at 12/27/2009 3:01:20 PM

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt

This Post:
125223.8 in reply to 125223.7
Date: 12/27/2009 3:28:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i remember none suggestion good suggestion, which eliminates mutal ie without killing the tie system.

This Post:
125223.9 in reply to 125223.7
Date: 12/27/2009 3:39:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't remember a good suggestion either...
and well, I've never been approached with an offer for mutual TIE and never asked anyone to do a mutual TIE
ruins the game... and in the top divisions in Croatia it doesn't happen really...
it's more fun to play managing ent and trying to guess what the other team will play and when to do normal

This Post:
125223.10 in reply to 125223.9
Date: 12/27/2009 4:05:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
and in the top divisions in Croatia it doesn't happen really...

You can't possibly know this unless you read all the bbmails that go back and forth between teams.

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt
This Post:
125223.11 in reply to 125223.7
Date: 12/27/2009 4:17:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
There's been good suggestions to fix this in the past but have not been well received by the BB's to take them on. Until someone comes up with a better solution that the BB's like it will probably stay as it is now.

Each team should be allowed 4 x TIE and 4 x CT per season. (or a pre-set amount) Then adjust the speed your enthusiasm gravitates towards 5 (like NT).