BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > option to hide conference ranking on schedule page? (the red or blue numbers)

option to hide conference ranking on schedule page? (the red or blue numbers)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 12/31/2009 8:27:40 AM
Milwaukee Lethargy
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Miłwaukee Lethargy
(sorry if it's been suggested before, but couldn't find it.)

the suggestion:
would it be possible to make the option of hiding each team's conference ranking (the red or blue numbers next to each team) on the schedule page?

the reason:
for example if you are unable to watch a game "live", you may want to view it later without knowing the result. (which is probably why the final score remains hidden until after viewing the box-score, correct?) however while the score itself is hidden, those red/blue numbers too often give away who won.. & with them being so close to the replay link, they are hard to avoid seeing...

current example as of now:
for example you get home late one day & want to view a game that just happened a few hour ago. say you were in 2nd place prior to that day's games & have your next game is at home. so you go to the schedule page, and right next to the replay link is a bold red / blue number 5... literally about a centimeter away from the replay link (just before your team name). so in such a situation, even with the score hidden it's obvious who won / lost...

hmm, perhaps i'm the only person who would want this? ...unless... there's not another way to get to the replay other than through the schedule page, is there???

This Post:
125821.2 in reply to 125821.1
Date: 1/4/2010 1:45:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I support this suggestion. Give option to hide them. Or hide them automatically if the last game has not been browsed.

This Post:
125821.3 in reply to 125821.2
Date: 1/4/2010 8:25:52 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I also support this option. I especially like the notion of hiding the rankings until the results of all regular season games in the current season have been viewed. Nice insight there, Kukoc!

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
125821.4 in reply to 125821.2
Date: 1/4/2010 8:30:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If you're running a browser with an extension that let's you set per-site CSS (for me, Firefox with the Stylish extension), you could work around it:

/* Conference standings in schedule */
table.schedule span.conf1,
table.schedule span.conf2 {
display: none !important;
}

I know this is just a workaround. A preferences option to disable it might be nice.

Last edited by Mod-oeuftete at 1/4/2010 8:31:12 PM

This Post:
125821.5 in reply to 125821.4
Date: 1/11/2010 8:43:02 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This is not a suggestion. It's a complaint, but I´m forced to write here because my post in the General Forum (126725.1) was somehow disturbing the calm of Christmas time, but of course I understand that the General Forum is meant for more important threads such as "which player has the longest hair" and for VIP chitchating.

So, that's my complaint:

The option to hide the last score was one of the first supporter features added to BuzzerBeater. It allows to hide your last score, so you can replay the match later when you are not able to see the live match.
Supporters are paying to get this feature (among others) working and to forget the "manual hiding" of the last score. In my case, I´m paying with my work as a LA, but I also payed before.
However, now the updated ranking of your team appears in the schedule page (I wonder why, if we already have the standings page?), just beside the "hidden" score, logically spoiling the effect of the supporter feature.
Even if someone can find useful these numbers, the side effect is too negative for Supporters, so I think these number should be removed (otherwise you could remove the "hide score" option because is not useful anymore).
It does not make sense to me to create new Supporter features of uncertain utility and spoil one of the best things of being Supporter.

====
To avoid being sent back to another more hidden forum, if removing the ranking is not possible for some technical problems, then I would suggest to instet a "Replay Last Match" link at the top right box ("Next Match" and the countdown clock).

Last edited by Emilio at 1/11/2010 8:47:05 AM

¡Me aburro! (Homer Simpson)

This Post:
125821.6 in reply to 125821.5
Date: 1/11/2010 10:55:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
That's a good suggestion.
I use my wife to get me to the replay part, with me looking the other way:) I think I suggested somewhere to remove the numbers until the last game recap has been looked at. But getting a link to your last game on team overview would be a solution aswell.

This Post:
125821.7 in reply to 125821.5
Date: 1/11/2010 10:57:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This is not a suggestion. It's a complaint, but I´m forced to write here because my post in the General Forum (126725.1) was somehow disturbing the calm of Christmas time, but of course I understand that the General Forum is meant for more important threads such as "which player has the longest hair" and for VIP chitchating.

You're complaining that this should be changed, and offer a solution for a change?

That is indeed a suggestion.

I'm going to see what we can do to get this suggestion implemented - I can see where this can be an issue.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
125821.8 in reply to 125821.7
Date: 1/11/2010 12:15:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i really hope that will be implemented someday :)

This Post:
125821.10 in reply to 125821.9
Date: 1/11/2010 7:23:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I partially do, and partially don't. First of all, I wouldn't really care if this was a feature anyways. Second, it doesn't spoil my game. I don't see any changes in rankings at all after the game until somewhere in the morning of next day. Maybe I'm not getting the main "feel" of this ad, but I don't really see much point.

It's a major deal to Supporters, and is something worth pursuing.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live