BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Player Trouble

Player Trouble

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 1/3/2010 1:30:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have this shooting guard who is my best shooter. During offseason i trained him and made his shooting better but ever since then his fg% has gone way down. I know it will go down because he is shooting more now but it was good last year and now he is an awful shooter. His game shape is 1 point less then the average player on my team but he is much better and jump shot and good at jump range but in games he is one of the worst shooters. Does Game Shape really make that much of a difference or am i doing something wrong with this player?

This Post:
126342.2 in reply to 126342.1
Date: 1/3/2010 2:27:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Could be numerous things. I'm new at the game so if someone else could confirm this that would be good.

Game shape can make a big difference. But I don't think it's necessary to have a ridiculously high game shape. Just by making sure you give each player enough minutes (60 to 65 minutes is around what I think is the optimum, I think it says this somewhere but can't find it right now) that will boost game shape up to around 8 or so and I think that is high enough for most occasions. You say its 1 lower than the average for your team, but what is the average for your team? If this players game shape is less than 5 then I think improving it to about an 8 might solve your problem.

If it isn't a gameshape issue, it could just be a string of bad luck. For example he might always have a really good defender on him and so its a lot harder for him to take shots and so he misses a lot due to pressure. It also might be that his jump range isn't that good and so maybe the other team has a good defence which forces him to shoot more outside shots and so he keeps missing.

Hope that helps.

This Post:
126342.3 in reply to 126342.2
Date: 1/3/2010 2:34:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
luck is a big factor so is game shape but there are more

if you play run and gun you will have lots of bad shots whereas look inside will give your guards few shots but they will be better etc for many offences

the defence your opponent runs has a big effect as does the def rating of the people guarding you

i believe your teams passing and the players driving also have an effect

This Post:
126342.4 in reply to 126342.1
Date: 1/3/2010 5:56:01 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Your SG is having "Average" game shape, what is not so good. If you increase it, making him play between 48 and 70 minutes aprox., he will improve his fg%.

Anyway, reason can also be related to the other teams in your group. Maybe there are less bots, the other guys have also improved their rosters, maybe they already know this guy is your best shooter so they use their best defender against him...

As you can see, there are many factors to have in consideration ;)

This Post:
126342.5 in reply to 126342.4
Date: 1/3/2010 6:46:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
shooting percentages are highly affected by tactics. normally outside oriented tactics works in favor of the shooters, but there is a chance your guard is shooting against much better defenders this year?