BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > All Star Weekend

All Star Weekend (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 1/3/2010 10:12:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think the All-Star Weekend could be greatly improved and it could be much more interesting :)
if anyone else has ideas about it or likes my ideas please reply :)

MY CURRENT IDEAS:
Slam Dunk Competition - 10 judges rate dunks up to 10 [out of 100 points], 2 top ratings go to finals just like the current 3pt shooting contest. the only problem i see in this is how do we know who is the best dunker in the separate leagues. we know the good shooters by the jump shot and jump range skills but how about dunking? maybe an added athleticism skill :o I think this idea was mentioned in the manual as well :o

U21 Match big 8 vs great 8 - This is my favorite idea as I think it is very possible to happen and I also think that in the higher and more competitive leagues we don't really get to see "young players in action"

Skills Competition - A competition that could be showcasing some of the possible mvp's. Same type of format as the 3pt shooting competition. except instead of just 3pt shooting we could see 1 category for 3pt shooting, 1 category for inside shooting, 1 category for passing [hitting targets based on passing skill] etc.

AllStar Weekend MVP - Kind of like in the NHL. A player gets selected for the best performance in the Allstar Weekend. This would have to be based on more than just the allstar game ratings...

I just thought these ideas would be fun if added in the AllStar Weekend. I don't know how realistic these ideas are. It would be great if we can get a BB or GM to tell us the realistic chance of any ideas [that i mention or others mention] actually being applied in the Allstar weekend.

I just love the idea of the Allstar Weekend but I think it is a bit plain at the moment. :o

This Post:
126453.2 in reply to 126453.1
Date: 1/3/2010 10:25:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This should be posted in the suggestions forums.