BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Scouting other teams for tactics?

Scouting other teams for tactics?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 1/5/2010 3:18:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
When I read some posts by more experienced players about game tactics I notice them saying things like "My outside offense is better than his outside defence but his inside defence is better than my interior defence, so I play motion on offense and 2-3 zone on defence"

But how do they know how the inside and outside offenses and defenses compare before the game? Is this from previous games against the same team or do you infer this from what little you can see from the other teams roster (salary, gameshape, DMI) and player stats? Am I missing something obvious?

This Post:
126706.2 in reply to 126706.1
Date: 1/5/2010 5:39:08 PM
Aussie Pride
ABBL
Overall Posts Rated:
You can also look in the box score at the team ratings from their previous games.

Last edited by aussie dude at 1/5/2010 5:40:35 PM

This Post:
126706.3 in reply to 126706.1
Date: 1/6/2010 2:08:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Most managers scout the other team looking at their players and their past games, so they know what they are capable of and how they usually play. (This is obviously just an educated guess, since the other manager can choose another tactic for any given game.) Looking at game shape, which players already played big minutes in previous games that week (for training and game shape purposes), etc. will then give you some extra information to base your decisions on. Of course, you should expect that all experienced managers who play against you will scout you, so they may choose to change their approach due to your strengths and weaknesses.