BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Few Questions

Few Questions

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 1/7/2010 1:19:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
1. If training occurs during one of your matches (for example a Private League match) will the players play at that new level for the remainder of the match? Or does training have to occur prior to a match for it to count?

2. I've seen players on the market for 50 million++. Do players like this actually sell or are people just doing it out of boredom?

3. Do you get a home court advantage when playing other teams even if you don't have a PR manager with that specialty? Or is the only advantage to a home game the attendance?

4. Do you get notified when a player is injured or is the only way to know if your player is injured is by checking the roster after the match?

5. Is it worth potentially throwing away a few matches by playing TIE just to raise your enthusiasm?

6. Does how much you lose a match by matter to your fans? Its just that in my last TV game it was 100 - 100 with 1 second to go and my player fouled, giving away 2 shots and so I lost 100 - 102. But my fan survey showed that I only got 2 stars for "Did the team play well in their last TV game". I only just lost, 2 stars seems harsh lol :P I thought the fans would have liked the excitement!

7. My current price for bleachers is 12 dollars but I'm only selling just over half of my bleachers. When I had won 2 or 3 games in a row early in the season my bleachers (all 5000) sold out at $10 each. I was wondering if my drop in bleachers attendance was because I have only won 1 or 2 games recently, or if the price increase was the main reason for the drop.

Cheers

This Post:
127006.2 in reply to 127006.1
Date: 1/7/2010 1:47:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
1. I believe, that training must be done, when the game is simulated, to take new skill level into account, that means at least 15 minutes before game starts.

2. Those players won't be sold, but they aren't there because boredom either. Sometimes, managers want to publicize their players skills, and use transfer market to do that. Also, it's possible that they have accidentaly put an extra zero to the end.

3. There will be HCA in every game, PR will only get a small bonus to it.

4. The player will turn red in match viewer.

5.Yes, surely. I'm doing that too, but it's 100% your call, what you want to do.

6. Your fans don't like losing, that's for sure! There will be slightly less fans in your home games now, but it's only sligthly.

7. The price drop had a huge effect there, but winning only helped it. If you're fans weren't happy before, but are happy now, the amount of bleachers filled will increase the most( up to somewhere 1000-1500 fans I guess). But the price change has a big affect, too and it probably helped the rest of bleachers to be full.

Hope this helps, and sorry for my bad english!

This Post:
127006.3 in reply to 127006.1
Date: 1/7/2010 3:35:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
1. If training occurs during one of your matches (for example a Private League match) will the players play at that new level for the remainder of the match? Or does training have to occur prior to a match for it to count?

private league doesn't count for training, so maybe you could get those Problem if your game on thursday runs through 200 Overtimes - but then it will be just a displaying issue because the games are calculated before you could start watching them.

Edit: Sorry i missunderstood the question in the beginning :( But the game is calculated in the rior 15 minutes, so the training had to be done before, i believe the guy who is posting before me had write this also.

2. I've seen players on the market for 50 million++. Do players like this actually sell or are people just doing it out of boredom?

if those player are selled, the GM will decrease the amount the seller get. But most times this is just a showcase, that other people could see their skills.

3. Do you get a home court advantage when playing other teams even if you don't have a PR manager with that specialty? Or is the only advantage to a home game the attendance?

the speciality increase or decrease(of the other team) the hca, and it doesn't effect the numbers of visitors.

4. Do you get notified when a player is injured or is the only way to know if your player is injured is by checking the roster after the match?

they are read in the lineup page, so you will notice it when making the lineup - but there is no additional notice.

5. Is it worth potentially throwing away a few matches by playing TIE just to raise your enthusiasm?

Best thing is to tie when it doesn't change anything on the result ;) In tied games i don't like to tie.

6. Does how much you lose a match by matter to your fans? Its just that in my last TV game it was 100 - 100 with 1 second to go and my player fouled, giving away 2 shots and so I lost 100 - 102. But my fan survey showed that I only got 2 stars for "Did the team play well in their last TV game". I only just lost, 2 stars seems harsh lol :P I thought the fans would have liked the excitement!

two balls are very good for a loose game, normally you are around 1 Ball with a loose, so yes it matters.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 1/7/2010 5:46:16 PM

This Post:
127006.4 in reply to 127006.1
Date: 1/7/2010 5:35:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
CrazyEye explains it fairly well for you
I'd just like to expand on 6 and 7:

6: That was actually a TV game so it affects your fans a lot more than regular games. Plus as pointed out, losing is bad, regardless of scoreline.

7. Your drop in attendance is attibuted to 2 things. You lost a few games and you also increased your prices. Also, just looking at the last game, you were playing against the 6th ranked team. Fans don't like to watch losing teams, so even if you're the best team in the league, whenever you're playing against losing teams, expect a drop in attendance.(esp if you do not sell out the arena to begin with)

This Post:
127006.5 in reply to 127006.1
Date: 1/7/2010 6:27:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
6. Does how much you lose a match by matter to your fans? Its just that in my last TV game it was 100 - 100 with 1 second to go and my player fouled, giving away 2 shots and so I lost 100 - 102. But my fan survey showed that I only got 2 stars for "Did the team play well in their last TV game". I only just lost, 2 stars seems harsh lol I thought the fans would have liked the excitement!

It says in the game manual:
Additionally, three of the games during the season will also be classified as televised games. These games have a higher impact on your fan base than normal games. Win big or lose a nail-biter on the road on TV and everybody wants your star player's jersey. Lose big and be prepared to look at even more empty seats

You lost a nailbiter on the road so I wouldn't expect your rating to be so low. Your rating can change after every game you play though, depending on "which fans are sampled" for that fan survey. Also, the level of your PR manager affects the responses in the survey.

This Post:
127006.6 in reply to 127006.5
Date: 1/7/2010 10:40:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks everyone!
Just one last question, the only way to get promoted is to finish first right? And you go back a division if you finish last right?
Cheers

This Post:
127006.7 in reply to 127006.6
Date: 1/7/2010 11:08:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You can also be promoted during the bot cleanup. I went 22-0 last season but lost my finals series. All the teams in div III who had similar records won so were automatically promoted, and because there were bots in div II, I was lucky enough to be promoted to replace them due to my record.

This Post:
127006.8 in reply to 127006.7
Date: 1/7/2010 11:13:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Cheers