BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Coop mode - Farm team, Main team

Coop mode - Farm team, Main team (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 1/7/2010 9:24:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello,

Me and a friend of mine -- who is playing BB too -- had this crazy idea a while ago : What if you could team up with another buzzerbeater player to manage the same organization? One would be in charge of the main team while the other would manage the farm club (farm teams are not in the game, I know). This would create tons of interaction with your partner and open a brand a new dimension to the game.

Anyway, we thought that it would make BuzzerBeater such a unique game in the market as I don't think any other game has this feature.

What do you think?

This Post:
127075.2 in reply to 127075.1
Date: 1/8/2010 12:26:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
So what you are saying is -> let me have 2 teams, one main team + V.league training team. Nothing good will ever come out of this. Creates 298731982 ways for cheating.

This Post:
127075.3 in reply to 127075.2
Date: 1/8/2010 12:59:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
So what you are saying is -> let me have 2 teams, one main team + V.league training team. Nothing good will ever come out of this. Creates 298731982 ways for cheating.

That's a low estimate.

Don't see this one happening.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
127075.4 in reply to 127075.3
Date: 1/8/2010 1:02:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
:D

This Post:
127075.5 in reply to 127075.2
Date: 1/8/2010 8:45:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's me I guess but I don't see what you mean. How would this create ways of cheating? The farm team would not be a 2nd regular team... it would not have access to the same player market (if at all), it would not compete in the same league, etc. Everything would be separate except that the main team manager would be able to send players "down" or bring some young prospects in the big team as he wishes.

This Post:
127075.6 in reply to 127075.5
Date: 1/8/2010 10:02:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
There are so many things wrong with this suggestion. I will give you some pointers. What happens to teams who have no farm team? Will there be a separate league for farm teams? (if they are not like regular teams), this creates 10+ leagues per county -> thus more pointless load for servers. If everyone has a farm team, can he control it himself, or without a partner will it be ran by bot?
You do understand that by creating a farm team you will make any team that concentrates on training and selling obsolete -> because everyone has a farm team and can train exactly that type of player, that they need.
Why am I even bothering to answer this. I have not even scrached the surface on this matter. Pointless...

This Post:
127075.7 in reply to 127075.6
Date: 1/8/2010 1:58:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Please, stop with the excessive load on the servers crappy argument. I am not suggesting to make a real-time bandwidth eater 3d game engine for God sake, I am talking about adding a farm club feature... I think the servers would survive... Relational databases can take billions of rows without choking you know.

Yes, of course you would be able to control your own farm club. It's just that you would have the option to let someone else (a partner) manage it instead.

Thinking about it again, maybe it would be better to have only 1 player market for both teams. If it was done that way, tell me, why on earth would a farm team feature "would make any team that concentrates on training and selling obsolete" ? You want to sell a young player? Do it. You want to sell a veteran, do it. I don't understand your point at all.

I also wonder why you even bothered to answer this. It always puzzles me when I see someone pointing only the problems in someone else ideas. How about thinking about solutions or ways to implement a feature like this instead? It would be more productive. Or if you don't like the idea that's fine, you could only have said that.

This Post:
127075.8 in reply to 127075.7
Date: 1/8/2010 3:40:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I also wonder why you even bothered to answer this. It always puzzles me when I see someone pointing only the problems in someone else ideas. How about thinking about solutions or ways to implement a feature like this instead? It would be more productive. Or if you don't like the idea that's fine, you could only have said that.

The majority of suggestions that appear here (including yours, AFAICT) arrive without any thought of the possible downside... this forum definitely needs people to pipe up with "That's a bad idea, because...". I'm not saying this particular reply was necessarily useful, but suggestions need to be examined, and sometimes (usually) doing nothing at all is preferable to the suggestion.

This Post:
127075.9 in reply to 127075.7
Date: 1/8/2010 5:08:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Before posting anything think about what the change brings along.
With farm teams, you lose the point of having any trainees in your main team (no need for minute managing, thinking about future etc). All you have to think about is your 2 games (3 games). Scrimmages have no point, just perhaps to get those 2-10 missed minutes for backups + 4x900 salary guys.
Your farm team concentrates on young players -> if you missed the point, this means you will never ever have to buy young players again, as you can train them exactly how you like, without having any downsides. Moving players without any penalty between 2 teams, with other users unable to intervine is against this games policys.
So to me it seems, this is another one those "suggestions" where you just want the game to be easy. Next one would be -> Have the lvl7 trainer keep the game shape at 9, or lvl7 doctor helps the players play 144 minutes a week with no game shape penaltys.

This Post:
127075.10 in reply to 127075.9
Date: 1/8/2010 5:16:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i would train in both teams, but i don't like it either.

This Post:
127075.11 in reply to 127075.1
Date: 1/9/2010 6:01:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
So, basically you are suggesting 1) a bigger training roster, 2) about twice the games, and 3) the ability to co-op with a friend.

The first two points just make the team more time-consuming to manage if you do it all alone. That's perhaps good for those who can and want to use a lot of time, bad for others. I'm afraid it wouldn't bring more people to the game, as most can't use a lot of time. The third point is interesting, but I think it would be too big a change for the game at this point to be really considered. And to be honest, the farm team concept as such doesn't really bring much to the game, it just makes the teams bigger. So, the role of the farm team would need to be refined a lot.

I think the co-op management idea is good, as long as it brings something new to the table. You could base an entire game on this idea, where you, e.g., have a multi-tier system of teams (main team, farm team, farm's farm, perhaps a junior team as a separate team to these three feeding them all with fresh talent), and the role of the manager could change based on performance. You do well, you get promoted from managing the farm team to the main team. You suck, you get demoted or sacked altogether and need to find a new organization. The way I described this obviously has little room in BB. This is a game where you are the team (you are called the manager, but you are IMO really the team or the team's owner who happens to make all the managerial decisions). If you were the manager, you could switch teams or even be forced to do that. The co-op mode would work better in such a game, I think.