BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Cyprus > Questions and answers

Questions and answers

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 1/10/2010 8:12:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
On this threat you can post every question that you have about the game, NT etc.

This Post:
127394.2 in reply to 127394.1
Date: 1/10/2010 10:22:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
So I will answer here about the discussion on CBBA forum (127362.1).

The "problem" is this guy Paraskevas Pediaditakis (12278604)

Weekly salary: $ 5 247

DMI: 9700
Height: 6'3" / 190 cm
Potential: superstar
Game Shape: average
Jump Shot: respectable Jump Range: respectable
Outside Def.: mediocre Handling: average
Driving: inept Passing: awful
Inside Shot: average Inside Def.: mediocre
Rebounding: average Shot Blocking: average
Stamina: mediocre Free Throw: pitiful

Experience: atrocious

Why this player is on NT?! Easy question, easy answer. On Monday 11th January 2010 he will be let free and set on the Free Market. Why this decision? Another question that can be explained by numbers... We have 17 on the data base of 18 years old, after 4 training weeks I've received 5 user pops-updates upon a total of 17 players... That's nothing!! 33% of answer doesn't grant us a competitive National Team in 3 seasons...

We have done a good job, I think and I mean me and The Cippis, about recruiting and following players progress, but we haven't numbers!

With 5 or 6 players we can't build a U21 National team... a strong team, a good team, an improved team... we will return to bad results and poor attention to NT.

Will I let free some other players? I supposed that, because we need it! Will they let dismissed? No way, because we are running for European, so I can't allow to lose enthusiasm, so they will stay on NT.

Merchandising benefits!!!! Don't worry, if a player don't play a game there are no more income for the team who owns this players, so there aren't favours to nobody, just to explain that too.

I just only mention some player that we let on free agency in the past: Nikos Pikoulas (6924283), Yiorgos Kaliasis (7529531), Nikolaos Pararas (6106020), Patroklos Zampetas (6242147), Yiorgos Lavdas (6253133), Ieremias Kraidis (6924314), Yiannis Dontas (7589199), Simos Fasoulis (8238533), Thanos Kakarnakis (8238443), Aris Papanikos (8238648), Thomas Liaskos (8238417), Spiros Chalampakalis (8238632), Chrisanthos Fintanis (9049837), Nikolas Gkavoyiannos (8238456), Nikos Zigouris (9730309).

Without them... someone think that we could be a competitive team? I don't think so.

Why this happen?! Because so many Cypriot users don't know how to train players for their team and for NT. There is no culture on that, no so much interest, no so much users (75 active... teams!)... do you think that Cyprus has really 75 active users?! I can see no more than 10 that have understood the game... better or less and about ten that know something about the game... Cypriot players was born in Cyprus and if Cypriot are not able to train a lot of players or if draft is so unfortunate, we have something to do as well...

Pistoleros, you said "unfair"... if the game allow that, is not unfair for me, but one way to give to Cyprus some good players.

I just mention users of 18 drafted players with interesting potential (> starter), apoel1821, papachou (bot 26/11), мaтт (Italy), CruelLord, darkpoint, apoelara4 (bot 5/12), Glory, maxibon, marinos (24/11), kounelos, Dr.Kyriakos, lost spartans, minoullis (bot 30/11), 8odipoko, stelios 15 (20/11), naorjo (Spain), protection, yiTaN! (Spain). Assiotis, thessalonikios, astreos (bot 14/12)

On bold you can find users that inform me by BB-Mail, three of them are italians and spanish...

Steve Makis

This Post:
127394.3 in reply to 127394.2
Date: 1/10/2010 10:53:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Great guy! He is surely one of the best SF prospects in the world! My friend has much money right now, approximately 4 millions and he is looking for a good trainee. Believe me, he is aware of this game, and I will strongly recommend him to buy this guy! He will build a tremendous SF for your NT!

We are the ones who wanna play, always wanna go but we never wanna stay
This Post:
127394.4 in reply to 127394.3
Date: 1/10/2010 11:34:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This is coming as an answer to this: (127362.1)

Well every good trainer is very welcomed and thanks for your support man

Last edited by JohnnyB at 1/10/2010 11:36:13 AM

This Post:
127394.5 in reply to 127394.4
Date: 1/10/2010 11:38:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I understand, I just wanted to show my willingness to help you. By the way, my friend agreed, so now we are just waiting for him to becime a Free Agent.

We are the ones who wanna play, always wanna go but we never wanna stay
This Post:
127394.6 in reply to 127394.5
Date: 1/14/2010 8:32:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Before that Pistoleros could write something about, I will free these two players:

Polinikis Mpalopoulos (12482987)

Weekly salary: $ 5 410

DMI: 26500
Height: 6'1" / 185 cm
Potential: MVP
Game Shape: strong
Jump Shot: average Jump Range: average
Outside Def.: respectable Handling: mediocre
Driving: pitiful Passing: pitiful
Inside Shot: awful Inside Def.: atrocious
Rebounding: respectable Shot Blocking: average
Stamina: respectable Free Throw: respectable

Agisilaos Skarmoutsos (12278635)

Weekly salary: $ 4 688

DMI: 6600
Height: 6'1" / 185 cm
Potential: superstar
Game Shape: inept
Jump Shot: mediocre Jump Range: respectable
Outside Def.: average Handling: respectable
Driving: awful Passing: mediocre
Inside Shot: atrocious Inside Def.: awful
Rebounding: respectable Shot Blocking: average
Stamina: average Free Throw: atrocious

I really think that these two players will be the last two during European and Consolation World Tournament (U21) to reserve some spot to recruit 1-2 players

This Post:
127394.7 in reply to 127394.6
Date: 1/30/2010 7:16:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
(Before Pistoleros could write something about, I will free these two players)
Polinikis Mpalopoulos
Agisilaos Skarmoutsos

Still in the NT roster. But that is not the problem since I think is a good idea to keep them in the U21NT. We need to remember that managers should be triggered to train their players. Not everyone has the passion and the idea of trainning 18 year olds week after week. To be fair, most of the teams of the CBBA tend to give special attention to their young talents but until when? The problem is that the teams in the bottom of the league table are trying really hard to remain in the league and thus cannot afford to use youngsters except from the friendly matches.Based on the above the maximum they can train are up to 2 trainnes since at the same time tehy are trying to make their starting line up stronger. This is also the reason why we dont have many super players not just the fact that the community consists of not more than 73 active teams.
After a lot of thinking I realised since the issue of being fair or not doesnt stand, then the managers that actually care need to be triggered. If not then most teams will sell a few of their young talents either for money or because they cannot afford to train them. So we end up with good cyprus players being trainned in foreign teams. But then again why should anyone care since in this way the players will become much stronger rather than if they remained in the squad of a low budget bottom half cypriot team. Should we care? I believe we should, some people might believe otherwise.
Trigger the managers to work harder. It is just an idea. What does our NT U21 coach believe? What do you managers believe?

Last edited by Pistoleros at 1/30/2010 7:17:00 AM

This Post:
127394.8 in reply to 127394.7
Date: 1/30/2010 7:28:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If they gave them away then NT will lose enthusiasm witch is precious.

About the work, me and Steve we approach every new manager, or manager that has young talented players, giving them advices how to train etc. Asking them every week about the players progress. Steve Makis said that is on his last tenure as a Cyprus NT coach. So we need the more experienced managers to step up and fill is large absence when he will leave.

This Post:
127394.9 in reply to 127394.7
Date: 1/30/2010 10:32:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
enthusiasm is the only reason why they are still in.

managers are followed step by step in the growth of their players. and it as been like this for 5 seasons ( since steve got elected for the first time) we advise and adivise, but not all are willing to listen to us. but the results are out there: JhonnyB's players was 18 y.o., in the roster of a fresh promoted team when he started to train them and they are on NTs now, same for atmatzidis of tassos. these user listened carefully and got results.

other did not listened and we got talented players that got lost.
many good players end up in bot teams, and luckly were freed ( in the way you seem to do not appreciate) and they are now the bones of our NTs.
some players are sold, and go away to become strong. what is the problem in that? JhonnyB's Yiannakakos was not drafted by him, but purchased on the market, he wante dto keep a cypriot in cyprus, but we can not expect them all to be kept home. abroad there are wider opportunities of training, especially for one position training, what is the fault in such system?

This Post:
127394.10 in reply to 127394.7
Date: 1/30/2010 11:04:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
First: as Mod-JohnnyB said I can't dismiss them because I will lose enthusiasm and I can't... we are 4th on our pool, so we are still in the run to reach an incredible 2nd place (hard... like impossible, but we will try, so we have to be interested to our enthusiasm)

Second: JohnnyB trained many players (Karalikos, Papanogiotou, Gagalatos, Yiannakakos, Mpatsilanis, Katsis, Kerkidis), TassosC trained as well (Atmatzidis, Kopanidis, Eftaras, Papanogiotou, Rovolas, Galanakis, Solonas, Ntalakas, Fantridis, Totsis), MikyOne too (Velouchiotis, Akoulis, Mpotinos, Solomos, Karsiotis, Pararas, Dimidou, Prokas, Karamanos, Daravanis), Moti (Feloukas, Mastroyiannis, Sfaliaridis, Papazisis)

Johnny and Tassos won a championship, moti was close to the cup 2 times, Miky is now third on his division (last season was 2nd). They train since the beginning learning from rules, forum and my advices... many others are now, only now (this season and the past one), interested on train their own players for his team, for National team and for creating a good player anyway to sell! We lost some seasons...

I speak english, not greek or turk, it's not easy for me interact with everyone, but I try to do my best. Anri14, Assiotis, Maxibon, thessalonikios, Recep were contacted by BB-Mail as many other... they answer me and train their own players... they are growing for their team and maybe NT in the future.

We have 73 people 10 upon 70 is good and it's 14%, 14% of 1000 is 140... 10 users interested in the game which wanna train their own players and understand the game for winning are really different from 140 users for this game, on my opinion.

We try to speak with new people... sometimes they heard me, sometimes not. You had theories that could be good for your team (sometimes), but not for creating real good players (you told me that you stop training Mpanis for one week because you have to train guards, or something like that... right?). Dr. Kyriakos has 3 players of national interest Kalifoulis, Lemonitis, Plexidas when they were 19, he told me that he wanna try big men... now these players can't be recruitable, because they hadn't be trained for a season! 14 weeks! Some others still trains 3 positions, cause they think they are right... they're loosing time... I told them... they don't wanna listen to me, so... what can I do? Kill them? :-)

Third: before you or someone other ask me WHY IS Thanassis Kokkalidis on NT? Because I've made a mistake... I wanna offer for him and I click on the wrong botton (recruit) so he's now on NT and he will stay here until we will be on the competition, just to preserve our enthusiasm. Sorry for my mistake!

This Post:
127394.11 in reply to 127394.10
Date: 1/30/2010 2:33:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
As I said before I am not against keeping these 18 year old players in the national team. This is actually a trigger for their managers. Secodnly Demis did not get a week training to open one more position in my training to build my starting line up. You disagree with this but let me remind everyone that we the smaller teams in the bottom of the cbba need to work our starting line up aswell to keep being competitive. Otherwise we will fall in division 1. We do not have the power house of Gold towers or megalonisos or even bc teammate and cyprus fighters, tp team and passific agreesive. We need to work with the starting players and thus cannot give all our attention to our trainees. It is not as simple as you want it to show. For example I now have 3 trainees which I want to train. I have to weaken my starting line up to train all 3 of them week after week. Otherwise I have to sell one which I will not do. I am willing to work with my trainees and bring them to a competitive level. Maybe they will not be in the NT. But I will work with them hard and if they dotn make the NT I will then see the benefit of my team.
As for the coach of the NT U21 (not Steve) I rest my case. No comment.
I am not going to argue regarding the NT anymore. I leave the matter to the ones that are responsible for our NT. Apparently I do not have the experience or the skill to talk about my NT and have opinions Thecippis. So I will no longer argue. Period.