BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Teams ranking

Teams ranking

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 1/16/2010 6:47:29 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Is it possible that BBs would show us formula how the ranking are counted... It would be nice to to have ranking points, country ranking place and world ranking place, so we could compare how it works and what is the distance to the the team in higher ranking place.

I came here just cause there is huge discussion in LTU forum how the ranking works and how they are counted out, even if I really do not care about ranking I have, but lots of users care and they care a lot...

ZyZla - ZyZlūnas ZyZlavotas ~c(=

This Post:
128096.2 in reply to 128096.1
Date: 1/16/2010 11:08:36 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The ranking system seems a bit odd. I, Too would love to know how this works. I have beaten my rival 4 straight times, including a playoff win and he is still ranked higher than I. Last week I beat him and niether of our country rank changed at all, but I lost ground in the world rankings, he didnnot. I lost a scrim and dropped 3 spots (country) while my rival lost a cup game and gained a spot. Wierd. It seems based more on longevity than actual strength of squad.

It's not a big deal, it just seems like another rating like DMI, good idea just doesnt work the way it was intended.

Last edited by Heathcoat at 1/16/2010 11:13:15 AM

This Post:
128096.3 in reply to 128096.2
Date: 1/16/2010 11:13:02 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The ranking system seems a bit odd. I, Too would love to know how this works. I have beaten my rival 4 straight times, including a playoff win and he is still ranked higher than I. I lost a scrim and dropped 3 spots (country) while my rival lost a cup game and gained a spot. Wierd. It seems based more on longevity than actual strength of squad

a loosed final is more worth then not being part of it, so even a lost cup game give you "some" points where a scrimmage is a scrimmage - so don't wonder if team who play still in cup will have more point after this game. Don't think, just ebcause your game is static, the games from the other teams are static too.

PS: Don't rate direct confrontation that high, it is about overall performance and this was pretty similiar last season and a lot better the season before from your rival then he seems to be more succesfull in cup which is definately important.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 1/16/2010 11:17:15 AM

This Post:
128096.4 in reply to 128096.3
Date: 1/16/2010 11:19:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
But mine wasnt static. Playing a scrim that shouldnt matter with a bunch of scrubs and I lost ground? I get that other people playing cup games will pass me since I am static with the scrim, just seems odd. Based on wins not strength.

If a lost final is worth more than not being in it, why is he ranked higher than me since I beat him in the playoffs and went to the finals (and lost) and have also won 3 straight league games in addition to the playoff game. I finished higher than him last season and am higher in the standings this season so far. All of these combined suggest a higher ranking for me. What he has is he has been in III longer than me.

Last edited by Heathcoat at 1/16/2010 11:20:33 AM

This Post:
128096.5 in reply to 128096.2
Date: 1/16/2010 11:20:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe this could help you to understand it, rwystyrk has analysed the NT ranking in the past, and i think it works in a similiar way then that maybe over a longer period of time(NT 2 seasons):

It looks like NT Rankings working this way

Each game has the certain amount of points, which are devided to both opponents:

scrimmage - 5 points
qualification 1st round group - 15 points (? not 100% sure, I started my analysis later)
qualification 2nd round group - 30 points
continental semifinal - 50 points
continental final - 100 points
second chance - 35 points
consolation tournament group - 15 points

Soon we will see World Championship points.

Winner
gives something between 75% and 100% points for the game and looser
something between 0% and 25%. The strength of opponent influences how
the points are devided. To gain 100% of points against weaker team
means that you have to win the game by better points differential than
to gain 100% of points against stronger team (strength is set by rank
on NT Rankings).

This Post:
128096.6 in reply to 128096.5
Date: 1/16/2010 11:22:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe this could help you to understand it, rwystyrk has analysed the NT ranking in the past, and i think it works in a similiar way then that maybe over a longer period of time(NT 2 seasons):

It looks like NT Rankings working this way

Each game has the certain amount of points, which are devided to both opponents:

scrimmage - 5 points
qualification 1st round group - 15 points (? not 100% sure, I started my analysis later)
qualification 2nd round group - 30 points
continental semifinal - 50 points
continental final - 100 points
second chance - 35 points
consolation tournament group - 15 points

Soon we will see World Championship points.

Winner
gives something between 75% and 100% points for the game and looser
something between 0% and 25%. The strength of opponent influences how
the points are devided. To gain 100% of points against weaker team
means that you have to win the game by better points differential than
to gain 100% of points against stronger team (strength is set by rank
on NT Rankings).

Interesting, thanks for that

This Post:
128096.7 in reply to 128096.5
Date: 1/16/2010 5:35:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
still all of this could be written in rules creating new tag called Ranking then divide in into NT and team rankings...

Should be written all but, why and because.

This do not give an advantage to anybody so it can be revealed for community with full explanation... Supporters could even get exact number of point they gained from each game written somewhere near amount of arena visitors.

So this feature would be fully developed and make some sense in the end of the day, cause now it`s just meaningless numbers called ranking.

ZyZla - ZyZlūnas ZyZlavotas ~c(=