BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > how to beat base offence n a man 2 man d-fence plz reply

how to beat base offence n a man 2 man d-fence plz reply

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 1/16/2010 10:26:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i need help what iz the best stratergyto play base offence n man 2 man d, i play motion man 2 man is that a good stratergy to beat them

To: mgz
This Post:
128206.2 in reply to 128206.1
Date: 1/16/2010 11:11:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
my understanding of the game is still limited, so correct me if i'm wrong.

But base offense and man to man are your "basic" strategies. These are the plays where there isn't a focus on a single position or player. When playing an opponent who plays these strategies. Try to beat him on the match up. This means you will have to do some homework.

Example.
If, in their last game, the opponents big men scored a lot. This could possibly mean that the teams inside defense is weak. So if you have a strong inside offense, then you can play look inside or low post, and you will beat them on the match up. This is similar to other positions as well.

However you may have to a bit further in your research.

For example, if you notice that te opponent gives up a lot of 3 balls in a game. Then you can assume they have bad outside defense, and run a motion/princton/run and gun. However, maybe the alst team they faced had really good jumpshooters, leading to all the 3's.

On the defensive end, try to do something similar, base offense is a "basic" offense. So theres no focal point. Do your research to see if they have good inside or outside players, try to use a defense that focuses on stoping their strongest scorer.

Example... Yoiu notice that your opponents big man scored a lot in his last few games, then play a 2-3 defense, with 3 inside to better combat the strong big men. If thier outside is not as good then you wont get too much trouble and should be able to contain them.

Im just trying to help to the best of my ingame knowledge and basketball knowledge.
Feel free to correct me if im mistaken, and good luck in your next game.

This Post:
128206.3 in reply to 128206.2
Date: 1/17/2010 12:19:40 AM
Aussie Pride
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree, u need to do research with any tactics but in particular with the 'basic' strategies. The others u can guess a bit, ie if your opponent plays run and gun every game you would expect their outside players to be better.

This Post:
128206.4 in reply to 128206.1
Date: 1/17/2010 6:51:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
how good a tactic is depends on your team. like if you have a very good centre then obviously low post or look inside would be best for you to use.

you should research your opponent and test out different strats for your own team and see which ones work best.

This Post:
128206.5 in reply to 128206.1
Date: 1/17/2010 7:27:53 AM
Aussie Pride
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
If u play man to man or base offense have a look at your game ratings after the game to see what area u are stronger in and what area u might need help in.