Suggestions > Auto Bid

Auto Bid

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 1/29/2010 5:48:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey,
I was thinking that when we bid on a player we could have an option to "Auto Bid". You could set a max amount that you would be willing to spend (for example 1 million dollars) and then set your initial bid (for example 100,000 dollars) . So the bid on the player would then become 100,000 dollars. And if someone else bids on the player, then your "Auto Bid" function will check to see if the new bid exceeds the limit that you set (in this case 1 million dollars) and if the bid is lower than this then it will increase the bid by 1000 dollars.

This might put strain on servers so perhaps it could be simply a supporter feature, or if that is considered an advantage over non-supporters then maybe you could make it that any player can only have 1 Auto Bid on at a time, and the Auto Bid only needs to check on that player's bid value every 2 or so minutes because as soon as someone bids near the end of the auction it is increased by 3 minutes.

Cheers

This Post:
129635.2 in reply to 129635.1
Date: 1/29/2010 6:03:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

This might put strain on servers so perhaps it could be simply a supporter feature, or if that is considered an advantage over non-supporters then maybe you could make it that any player can only have 1 Auto Bid on at a time

i didn't believe that this is server consuming(less then a real bid war), but it would be a advantage for supporters so you had to make it for all.

The system is discussed frequently, and to be honest is has his upsides, but also downsides. In comparision to ebay(who had those system), BB don't profitate from high buying prices, but they earn money if you are online(as non supporter) so the existing bidding ssystem should have econoic advantages for the game.

And then i don't know how many people have fun on a bid war(i have), and how many people like to see this extra comfort maybe this could have a upside in total users.

This Post:
129635.3 in reply to 129635.2
Date: 1/29/2010 6:09:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
mmm....I guess its possible that people might be online a little less if they could Auto Bid, but I don't think it would make that much difference. Personally I would probably still be online just as much regardless of the Auto Bid, the Auto Bid is just handy, and allows you to bid on a player that you might not otherwise be able to bid for because the auction ends at a time when you have work, or when you would be asleep.

I agree that bidding wars can be fun, and this is still the case, you won't know whether you are bidding against a person or their Auto Bid. And you don't have to use the Auto Bid, it could just be optional.

This Post:
129635.4 in reply to 129635.3
Date: 1/29/2010 6:38:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Personally I would probably still be online just as much regardless of the Auto Bid

i probadly don't explain it enough, normally you get money for loading an ad if you are online and just check sometimes if you got mail or a forum reply - you are shown online but didn't reload the ads, In a bidding war, you reload the page at least every 3 minutes, probadly more often.

Normally online games get only very small money for this reloads, because it is known that there only few users on those sites who are responsible for many "reloads", but is it still money and probdaly the biggest part of the "cake" the BB earn.

I agree that bidding wars can be fun, and this is still the case, you won't know whether you are bidding against a person or their Auto Bid.

in my eyes a auto bid should be bidding pretty instant, so you'll riase it and see you have to raise again and so one ... This would annoy me, and i think i am not alone with it - so you should choose generally betwenn this systems.

he Auto Bid is just handy, and allows you to bid on a player that you might not otherwise be able to bid for because the auction ends at a time when you have work, or when you would be asleep.

You actuallly could bid the money you like to pay for him, even with the old system ;)

This Post:
129635.5 in reply to 129635.4
Date: 1/29/2010 7:37:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
ah I understand what you mean in terms of loading the ads. I didn't really consider that. I guess it depends on whether the feature warrants a small decrease in revenue. That's up to the BBs to decide.

The only reason I suggested that the Auto Bid only bid every 2 minutes, is that it would reduce server load.
You said having to constantly raise it would annoy you?? But if you were bidding against someone they could do this as well. And if you want it to stop happening then increase your bid by a decent amount and hopefully you go over their max amount that they set.

I realise you could bid the money you want to pay for him with the old system, but with the old system you might bid 100k for a player then be asleep when that player is due to sell and maybe he ends up selling for 105k. I'm sure the bidder would have been willing to pay a bit of extra money for the player but is unable to because he is asleep. And he wouldn't want to bid 120k or something earlier on because he might just end up wasting money.

This Post:
129635.6 in reply to 129635.5
Date: 1/29/2010 7:43:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
he only reason I suggested that the Auto Bid only bid every 2 minutes, is that it would reduce server load.

this will increase it, an hidden value with the current high auto bid is the easiest implementation, an extra timer etc. just give additional progressing.

You said having to constantly raise it would annoy you?? But if you were bidding against someone they could do this as well.

but at least i know, that he could forget and sit there to, and hopes i am not bidding against a PC it isn't funny anymore.

And if you want it to stop happening then increase your bid by a decent amount and hopefully you go over their max amount that they set.

no it will be an automation vs automation all the time, mixed solution i find ugly ;)

I realise you could bid the money you want to pay for him with the old system, but with the old system you might bid 100k for a player then be asleep when that player is due to sell and maybe he ends up selling for 105k. I'm sure the bidder would have been willing to pay a bit of extra money for the player but is unable to because he is asleep. And he wouldn't want to bid 120k or something earlier on because he might just end up wasting money

Sorry edited:

But if you are paying 120k with auto bid, it is ok ;) so why not without it.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 1/29/2010 7:44:40 AM

This Post:
129635.7 in reply to 129635.6
Date: 1/29/2010 7:45:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
ah okay. I just thought it would be a nice feature to have. I know I would certainly use it a lot.

This Post:
129635.8 in reply to 129635.7
Date: 1/29/2010 7:48:29 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
ah okay. I just thought it would be a nice feature to have. I know I would certainly use it a lot.

i also see upsides in it, but i think you have this feature complete or stay with the old one ;)

This Post:
129635.9 in reply to 129635.2
Date: 3/19/2010 10:13:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
..i didn't believe that this is server consuming(less then a real bid war), but it would be a advantage for supporters so you had to make it for all.
Why would you have to make it for all? In my eyes, as long as it does not affect game play (e.g. buying extra skills for your players rather than training), it's not the kind of advantage that should prevent it from becoming supporter exclusive. If (read: since) economics is an issue for the BBs (loading banner ads), this would be an addition that without doubt would increase the value of my supporter package. Adding features like these - call them "comfort features" - is the way to go to gain more supporters.

I like a good bid-war too, but it does not outweigh the fact that I find it enormously irritating not being able to be online when "the missing link" (of my team) is on sale!

I support this suggestion, be it a supporter or non-supporter feature!

This Post:
129635.10 in reply to 129635.9
Date: 3/19/2010 1:03:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
because non supporters should not feel disadvantage on their road to succes, and this isn't an comfort feature for me.

This Post:
129635.11 in reply to 129635.10
Date: 3/19/2010 1:24:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This doesn't advantage supporters (if it was a supporter only feature) any more than any other supporter feature. I think it should be supporter only feature. It would make a lot more people want to be a supporter, and that is a great thing.