Date: 3/7/2010 9:23:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
1 ball bs

Last edited by hupfingatsch ihm sein Knecht at 3/7/2010 6:34:53 PM

This Post:
133757.2 in reply to 133757.1
Date: 3/7/2010 9:40:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The solution is easy (and this goes for the Chicken Little in (133502.1), too). If you don't want to lose the auction, offer the highest price you're willing to pay. If you're overbid, then it's nothing to you, since you weren't willing to pay that much. If you hope a bid for less than your personal maximum is going to win, then that's a risk that you are choosing to take.

I don't have a problem with owners bidding on their own. They're also taking a big risk... if they get stuck with the player, they have to pay at least a 3% tax plus an increased fee if they relist any time soon. I can tell you from experience that it's very satisfying to see an owner trying to extract more money from a buyer get burned this way.

Finally, if you genuinely think teams are colluding, submit a cheat report. But I can't see this particular form of collusion being useful. It's a big market out there, and there are a lot of users out there who know how to use it.

This Post:
133757.3 in reply to 133757.2
Date: 3/7/2010 10:06:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
1 ball bs

Last edited by hupfingatsch ihm sein Knecht at 3/7/2010 6:35:08 PM

This Post:
133757.4 in reply to 133757.3
Date: 3/7/2010 10:12:36 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't get it, why are you pissed off?
If you wake up in the middle of the night, you wake up to get the player. If owner bids, I wait to get him fried, if some other team bids -> I overbid, now if owner comes in again, I wait, until he rebuys his player, I get the player, or it get's too expencive for me -> thus I do not care where the player ends up.
In case you think it's his friend or he manages both those teams, you can report them. They will get burned this way.

Last edited by Kukoc at 3/7/2010 10:12:56 AM

This Post:
133757.5 in reply to 133757.1
Date: 3/7/2010 10:15:36 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am very upset now, as it looks like those teams were colluding and I was intentionally overbid just to keep the price for the designated buyer as low as possible.

they ahd to know each other pretty well, if he knows that he just need 5 extra minutes to login and bid.

If you had evidence that this transfer was arranged(like trades betwen teams) report it,ad the gm will look at it.

Till now the bid on the own players is also a strategy to raise the price, not always with big succes(ybuying player yourself, loosing intrested players like me etc.)

1. block users from placing bids on their own players
2. provide the possibility to unlist players up to 8 hours before the auction ends (same fee applies as if player was sold)
Users stay at home or get up in the middle of the night to bid on a player they want just to be outbid by some greedy @!ยง&0/% owner who does not want to give away his player in a fair and public auction and it gives sellers the fair possibility to unlist their players (early enough) if they see or think they wont get the proper amount of money they want for their player.

but this will lead to follwoing event, people who stay up in the middle of the fucking nigth seeing that there perfect player isn't on the Tl anymore, even if they had enough money and will make the transfer market prett yunpredictable because you only could look forward those 8 hours.

Also the difference fees, are ugly for me if you list your player for a fair price and recognize through an injury that you still need'em - them you are forced to gamble if he get sold or paying high fees else you could also wait for the end. If you listed him instead for few money, this will be a very cheap instrument because at this point you just got some "bookmark" bids.

This Post:
133757.6 in reply to 133757.3
Date: 3/7/2010 10:15:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The auction price was raised from my initial bid to the final sale price for a total of ~400.000, now why would a seller bump the pricce in the last few minutes to get such a smallish extra out of a transfer?

Um, to get more money? For the same reason you're not willing to bump your bid earlier to save yourself having to be present for the end of the auction. This isn't rocket surgery.

I already reported the selling team and I know that there will be no outcome, but I hope the selling system will see some changes in the future as I am tired of losing my precious spare time to sit in front of a computer or even get up in the middle of the night to take part in some auctions I might get chased out of by a greedy seller who isnt willing to take a risk by putting players on the transfer list for an amount of money they dont want to sell them.

As I said earlier, you're consciously choosing to lose your precious spare time by not bidding at your maximum willing price to start with. Optimizing your BB performance over your spare time is completely your choice.

Last edited by Mod-oeuftete at 3/7/2010 10:16:30 AM

This Post:
133757.7 in reply to 133757.6
Date: 3/7/2010 11:00:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
1 ball bs

Last edited by hupfingatsch ihm sein Knecht at 3/7/2010 6:35:23 PM

This Post:
133757.8 in reply to 133757.7
Date: 3/7/2010 11:05:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
That gets us to the point where you get fined for buying a player OVER his value and I think bidding around 4 millions for a 25k player is someway at the top of the range of what those players are worth.

never heard about it, normally just the team get a fine(transfer regulation) who sells the player, the buying team just get a fine if it really cheating8like second team etc.) and then not one of the nice one.

PS: today is also a expensiv days, because few player sell their stars, because they need them for the offseason and many team like to buy a player before the offseason and you can not wait for another player ebcause you had to buy him "instantly".

Last edited by CrazyEye at 3/7/2010 11:08:21 AM

This Post:
133757.9 in reply to 133757.3
Date: 3/7/2010 3:35:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Auction ends 14:11:xx

14:05 - I place my initial bid
14:11 - I am the winning bidder
14:11:xx - owner overbids for minimums
14:12 - I am the winning bidder again
14:14 - owner overbids for minimum again - new auction end 14:18:xx
14:15 third team jumps in, min-overbids and gets the player at 14:18:xx

I have been the third team many times. Even if a team enters the bidding at a late stage does not mean that they suddenly discovered the player. I often (constantly) scan the Player Market, always having bookmarks on players that are a good fit for my team, and checks if they end up in a price range that I am willing to play or can afford. Many times several suitable players are sold in about the same time, and since I don't want to bind up my funds, I choose to spend time being online at the time of the sale, bidding when I think I can get the player. I "lose" players all the time, but once in a while it pays of. It is timeconsuming to get good deals, but when the market are inflated, that is what it takes. Another thing you could try to focus on are training your own players. This makes a team less vulnerable for market fluctuations.
Well maybe all you Scrooge McDucks out there dont have to think about how much to spend for a player, but I dont think players are worth to be chased and overpaid - auction prices went insane in the last two months and I dont want to bid on players who are being traded over their "true" value. That gets us to the point where you get fined for buying a player OVER his value and I think bidding around 4 millions for a 25k player is someway at the top of the range of what those players are worth.

I dont like the way suggestions are treated in this community, as soon as you post sthg. some know-it-all will tell you how unsophisticated your opinion is and everything is your own fault.
I also try to be very careful not to pay more than a player is worth, but the market controls the worth, not opposite. But I agree it gets frustrating from time to time.

...Is it not managers like me and you that are Scrooge McDucks? He is the one that won't pay more than something is worth... most of the time not even that ;)

Last edited by Svett Sleik (U21-Scout Norge) at 3/7/2010 3:36:14 PM

This Post:
133757.10 in reply to 133757.7
Date: 3/7/2010 4:02:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree those situations can be very frustating. However people generally sell for their market value since its a free market. If you think the player was reserved, you can fill in a report and the gm team will have a look at it. However bidding at your own player is a risky and expensive option for the reasons mentioned by oeuftete.

Message deleted