BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > expansion of the NT manager elections

expansion of the NT manager elections

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 1/22/2008 9:05:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
after reading numerous posts about managerless NT teams in global, and contributing to the posts myself, I now come up with a sugestion that might be worth considering:

Keep the system of election every 2 season, but ADD the option of an extra election at the start of the seasons in between.
When will there be an election?
- if the current NT coach is set to inactive (NT team is bot team)
- if the current NT coach decides he wants to quit.

So if the NT coach decides he wants to fullfill his job for which he was elected, no extra election occurs for that country.

Possibly this might be expanded to having an extra election also in the case:
- the NT coach's popularity drops below 30%

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
13434.3 in reply to 13434.2
Date: 1/22/2008 3:57:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with that, but...

- the NT coach's popularity drops below 30%

Imagine that a country has more that 100 users active but one user vote against his manager but the other active usesr don't(but they are happy with their NT Coach perfornance), his NT coach would have 0% popularity, with that idea he will be desmiss besides most of the users like him...

sorry my english

yes.
However this problem should not realy occur since:
there is only 1 time at which an extra election is possible: the start of the season. By then the coach, if active, will have noticed his popularity is low and had time to post a message on the forum to request people to vote about what they think of him (without pushing them in any direction if he is honest).
If the coach is not active enough to be able to bring a message to his people, I guess that 1 manager voting against the coach is a well deserved popularity of 0%...

Should it DO turn out to be a problem, BB can always implement this rule for a minimum amount of votes cast. For instance IF at least 25 managers voted, and popularity is below 30%, then new election ELSE nothing. ;)

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
13434.5 in reply to 13434.1
Date: 1/23/2008 4:11:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think the term for NT managers should be for 2 seasons with a chance for a bonus team if the NT qualifies for the finals. This would make the normal election time for most countries at the start of the season following the continental qualifications. This will give the new manager a chance to develop his squad before actually starting qualification.

A team that plays in the finals will have a reasonable squad that should be able to go directly into qualification with its new manager, so the delayed election and transition will have less of an effect.

I think the problems with NT managers going inactive is largely a one-time thing, associated with the newness of BB, the newness of many countries, and the newness of NT, so that a more elaborate scheme for replacing NT managers is not needed. Holding new elections in most countries at the start of Season 4 will replace most of the NT managers that have gone bot or are inactive in managment of their NT.

In the future, BB could hold special elections in case the NT manager does go bot from BB. I don't think it is a good idea to let the NT manager quit, since it will give an incentive for other managers to try to make the NT manager quit. I also don't like the idea of a popularity poll being used to drive a NT manager out. Instead of the original election settling matters for a while, you could have losing candidates and their supporters continuing to try to replace a newly elected NT manager.

Since the current NT managers were elected for a 2 season term, those that did not qualify for the finals could be given the option to resign, in which case they could run for a new full 2 season term. So instead of a lame duck season, they would be playing scrimmages preparing the team that they will continue to coach in qualification.