BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Trainable Staff

Trainable Staff

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 3/26/2010 5:51:51 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
What about if we had trainable staff, like how the playing have skills the staff could also have skills like

eg...

Doctor

Taping: strong
Massage: inept
knowledge: strong
Experience: pitiful

We could have it like the draft where you can invest $$ into what area you want to improve

eg,... 20k/6 weeks Massage training course.

i think that training your players is the best part of the BB game, and being able to train your staff would add more strategy and another way to take money out of the game

This Post:
137463.2 in reply to 137463.1
Date: 3/26/2010 11:21:02 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
mmm...interesting idea. I think I would like it, but it would have to be designed properly. Because training would have to take time, and if they are a high level trainer or something, there salary could be very high, and so by the end of the training the salary could just be ridiculously high and the training would have been a waste.

I think, rather than being able to train staff, I'd like to have a larger variety of staff available. So you still have Trainer, PR Manager and Doctor, but the skills of each available one might be different. So like you said above, Taping would be Strong etc, you could see a list of these skills for each Doctor on the market or something and each Doctor would be better at different skills.

However I think this would be very hard to code, and I would like to see a new draft system before this :)

This Post:
137463.3 in reply to 137463.1
Date: 3/26/2010 3:50:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
BB-s want people to hire a new staff member from time to time. Training staff would counteract this idea.

This Post:
137463.4 in reply to 137463.3
Date: 3/27/2010 10:15:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Not a fan. Not a bad idea, but in my opinion the game as it is designed is not suitable for it and it could cause some issues:

- what Kukoc said
- you won't get anything for well trained staff anyway
- bidding on staff could get more complicated
which could lead to higher prices of specific high profile scarce commodities; difficult evaluation of level, skill and salary; bigger advantage for time spending (aka active) type of managers which is against BB principles
- more things to run vs server issue

I would rather make a different suggestion and suggest that pool of staff, trainers especially could be linked to number of managers total both in quality and quantity to prevent thjem getting more and more expensive with raising numbers of new trams. Current situation makes it harder for new teams to start. I think price of th staff shuld be to some extent constant and only influence by managers behaviour and balance of importance/cost of other things in the game nit just by brute strenght of dull number of managers in the game.

This Post:
137463.5 in reply to 137463.1
Date: 3/28/2010 4:47:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think that we have to keep things simple. I like to see that I have not troubles with complicated counting about what is efficient and what is too much around staff.. however would be great if there would be any possibility that staff get a speciality during his career in your club, but that possibility should not be made by any financial injections.

I thought something about experiences which that staff get - like trainer which grow drafted player for a season or during that season got better more than 6 players for more than 3 skillups.. so doctor taked care of more than 5 injuried players and PR had any average amount of balls on fan survey.. then they get any speciality (even if for half season or so before you fire them).

What I want to say is that staff can get experience under pressure, but these things they get for free, so they have to choose the wage for themselves.