BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Team Jerseys

Team Jerseys (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 03/30/2010 03:51:54
Overall Posts Rated:
I think a "Create a Jersey/Uniform" feature would be great. Non-paying users could have a basic pattern with 3 colours, while Supporters could have more colours and add logos to their design.

Every team needs a uniform, how else can you tell them apart?!

Ding.
This Post:
138304.2 in reply to 138304.1
Date: 03/30/2010 12:35:38
Overall Posts Rated:
Cool idea, although idk how hard it'd be to implement.

This Post:
138304.3 in reply to 138304.2
Date: 03/30/2010 22:20:35
Overall Posts Rated:
Actually, that particular suggestion have been mention before...

This subject have been tipped and turned every way possible, and as far as I know we are still stuck on the lack of graphical talent. Perhaps we could get some info about what are needed (flash, vector, etc). If not I suppose they are open to a wide range of solutions. If you've got graphical skills and are inspired, or know someone that has it, feel free to make a suggestion or make contact for closer discussion of the details. See the quotes below for previous answers on the matter. And related matters.
(Jerseys) (68926.1) (68926.64) Quote "BB-Charles":
The major hangup with a jersey designer is that to do it right, we need somebody who's talented enough graphically and we just don't have that person in the team right now.

If somebody is talented enough graphically to do this in a style that fits well with the rest of the site, feel free to let us know and we'll see if we can work something out.

This has been at the top of our wish list since around season 3, to be perfectly honest, and we've never been able to figure out how to do it right. We've learned from experience that doing things poorly isn't a good result.

If we are able to do this, I would expect that it would be for supporters only. We like giving supporters features that make the game more enjoyable but do not bring an in-game advantage, and a jersey designer absolutely fits that description. We also take some features that are very server intensive and cannot be given to everybody and make them available only for supporters, since it's really the supporters who are paying for the servers.

(Shirt Designs) (15084.1)

(Team Jerseys) (138304.1)

(Player Faces Idea)
(67909.1)(67909.36) Quote "BB-Charles":
The biggest hangup here is that we'd need more face parts drawn in the same style as the current ones. It's a similar hangup with NT trophies, a jersey designer, etc.

We haven't had this artist working with us for quite some time now, and anything new would need to be done in the same style.

If anybody is interested in trying to make these graphics and they're of good enough quality and fit well with the existing ones stylistically, we'd be happy to use them. Otherwise, these things will all have to wait until we can find a good enough graphical designer to do that.

(More Player Pics) (114533.1)

(Picture of the Arena) (37095.6)

Not to forget (the earliest record of the suggestion I could find at the moment):
(Supporter Suggestions) (13737.1)
...PS. They also can design thier own team jerseys. This also could be a very fun addition to supporter and i dont think the coding would be too hard (something like designing your own colour in Paint)

Please let me know what you think. :-)
good points!

many of them will probably get implemented as the seasons pass by.

I think I read somewhere they already planned of putting in the jersey-design, but I'm not sure this will be one of the next features, or something for more in the future.

I also wanted to add an other suggestion to this tread:

designing your own home court. As we can follow our games live we all get an orange field, it would be nice if we could design a home court, and then when people play at a supporter's site, the game is shown in their home court field.

We can also have half time entertainment like dance teams, but we've already been there, and it's best I won't repeat myself about that. ;รพ

Please continue the discussion in the existing thread... If there is any doubt which one that is (understandably), it is this one: Jerseys (68926.1) <--- Correct Thread Good luck on promoting the suggestion. I cheer for you ;)

Last edited by Svett Sleik (U21-Scout Norge) at 03/30/2010 22:22:53