BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Game days

Game days

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 4/6/2010 10:30:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I seem to be seeing the games get delayed a lot and people getting pissed off a lot, My understanding is that we are getting more users playing BB now and the server cant keep up.

So what about we split the days we play owe league game over 2 days so the server wont get over loaded EG...

Tuesday 4 league games
Wednesday 4 league games

Saturday 4 league games
Sunday 4 league games

this way the server only has to do half the work on any day and we make use of the days the server does nothing.

i understand that stuff like Enthusiasm will be affected by having different breaks between games than others, i think it will make the game more realistic. most sports in the world play games over a few days

This Post:
139561.2 in reply to 139561.1
Date: 4/6/2010 10:50:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think teams that play on the wednesday might have an advantage in the cup if they play TIE on wednesday because they will have higher enthusiasm when they get to the cup game.

I would much rather have the system as it is (for Australians anyway). We never have any issues (that I have noticed).
Perhaps BBs can identify around what time the server usually starts to struggle (which should be at a similar time each week I would think), and perhaps change the time of games after that by an hour so that the server has more time between games to catch up on everything.

This Post:
139561.3 in reply to 139561.2
Date: 4/6/2010 11:14:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think teams that play on the wednesday might have an advantage in the cup if they play TIE on wednesday because they will have higher enthusiasm when they get to the cup game.

I would much rather have the system as it is (for Australians anyway). We never have any issues (that I have noticed).
Perhaps BBs can identify around what time the server usually starts to struggle (which should be at a similar time each week I would think), and perhaps change the time of games after that by an hour so that the server has more time between games to catch up on everything.

so as long as your game start on time we wont worry about the rest of the people around the world playing.

so when another 10k users sign-up we can delay the games even more for the people on the other side of the world. im sure they would be real happy watching there game at midnight

This Post:
139561.4 in reply to 139561.1
Date: 4/6/2010 11:22:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You may want to review the Planned Technology Upgrades news post from 3/16/2010 - that covers how we would like to address these issues.

The game days themselves are almost certain to remain the same for now, but we are reviewing whether or not we want to move certain game times for countries or even split by leagues (D.I-D.III play at X time, D.IV-D.VI play 15 minutes later, or something similar).

We'd like to do this with as little disruption as possible, and we're exploring ways to accomplish that.

Stay tuned!

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
139561.5 in reply to 139561.3
Date: 4/6/2010 11:40:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You completely ingored the first point about enthusiasm advantage.

Secondly I didn't say not to worry about the rest of the world. I said that the Australians (and similar time zoned countries) start correctly. And so there is no need to worry about these countries. I suggested that the BBs work out where the lag is starting to occur, and delay games for an hour then. I'm not saying it is a long term solution, but I think it is a lot better than splitting half of each league up on to seperate days, which may not even gaurantee that it solves the problem.

This Post:
139561.6 in reply to 139561.1
Date: 4/7/2010 5:30:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
will also gives problems at the last games with tactical loooses to get "position".

And also with regions where games maybe already start at this time ;)

To: Edju
This Post:
139561.7 in reply to 139561.4
Date: 4/19/2010 4:33:55 PM
Syndicalists' BC
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
Wouldn't you simply be able to lock in tactics an hour before game time, and within that hour split up the simulations so the games take place at the same time?

This Post:
139561.8 in reply to 139561.7
Date: 4/19/2010 4:59:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I also support this suggestion. I talked to a BB a little while ago (month or two) and suggested it and he took note of it.
But I think they are busy with more important things at the moment, like keeping the games running on time

I hope this will be implemented sometime in the future