Future Recruitment competitions

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 4/21/2010 2:07:05 PM
Syndicalists' BC
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
I'd suggest somehow benefitting people who've already recruited players in future competitions. This should provide incentives for recruiting the people who stick around, and incentives to recruit at any time instead of having to wait until a competition is under way.

I can think of 2 potential ways, there are probably more, the first is to allow all teams to note who referred them, and in this case, that team would be given an extra raffle ticket. The second is when teams sign up, use whoever they use as their referral for all future contests (if this approach is taken, I'd recommend highlighting the importance of noting the referral, cuz I didn't bother myself because it didn't seem to matter for anything and didn't know what the players team # was). You could also give different number of raffle tickets for new referrals.

The only downside I can see is if a team is so far ahead, that they are overwhelming favourites to win the competition (but you could also wipe out a teams referral list afterr they win so they start from scratch).

This Post:
141575.2 in reply to 141575.1
Date: 4/21/2010 2:33:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The referral URL that is sent when you refer someone via our contest page is specific to you - it has identifying information for you.

This is something we can take under consideration, although I cannot promise we'd implement it, or at least in this form.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live