BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Is my team good?

Is my team good?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 9/3/2010 4:06:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I know I am 2nd in my league, but I don't know how competitive my league is. These are my two star players:

Weekly salary: $ 13 597

DMI: 29900
Height: 6'0" / 183 cm
Potential: superstar
Game Shape: mediocre
Jump Shot: wondrous Jump Range: mediocre
Outside Def.: proficient Handling: prominent
Driving: proficient Passing: strong
Inside Shot: pitiful Inside Def.: respectable
Rebounding: inept Shot Blocking: respectable
Stamina: awful Free Throw: atrocious

Experience: mediocre

Sébastien Dreyer (8117801) Small Forward

Weekly salary: $ 5 418

DMI: 13100
Height: 6'7" / 201 cm
Potential: allstar
Game Shape: average
Jump Shot: sensational ↑ Jump Range: strong
Outside Def.: inept Handling: mediocre
Driving: proficient Passing: awful
Inside Shot: pitiful Inside Def.: pitiful
Rebounding: atrocious Shot Blocking: atrocious
Stamina: inept Free Throw: average

Experience: awful

After this season I was going to drop the 2nd one because of his OD, but I am hanging on to the first guy. So I guess my question is, Am I a good V team?

This Post:
155968.3 in reply to 155968.1
Date: 9/3/2010 9:11:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
first player is great second one is utter garbage and just the sort of player that costs new coaches game after game and they never figure out why

if you are training guards (the up arrow on js means it is possible) you can save him with a LOT of time spend on pressure otherwise sell him to some other sucker

div5 usa is easy but watch out, i hear div4 is brutal

This Post:
155968.5 in reply to 155968.4
Date: 9/4/2010 8:39:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't necessarily think div4 was super tough I just think at that point most people are like I was there and they can't decide on a direction for their team. If you can decide on a direction and stick with it I think you could prob promote in 3or4seasons with a good training plan maybe quicker with some good drafts and sales of players so you could buy some older ones with experience.

Rusty

This Post:
155968.6 in reply to 155968.5
Date: 9/5/2010 12:23:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Seems to me that anyone that puts in some effort to understand the game and look after their roster shouldn;t spend more than one or two seasons in USA Div V. But yeah it will take you 3+ seasons to get out of Div. IV usually I think. I have been in Div IV for 1.5 seasons (and half of this season) and I am hoping that maybe this season or next I can start making a run deep into the playoffs. But still probably a season or two before I have a chance to promote to D3.

Edit: Looking at your roster you would probably finish in 5-7 in a typical Div IV I would guess. I think you would avoid regulation (usually 1-3 teams seem to bot in Div IV most seasons) but still quite of bit of work to do to start winning consistently at the next level. But keep working at it and learn from your mistakes (don't undervalue OD!) and you will be filling your arena in no time

Last edited by GWgw at 9/5/2010 12:27:07 AM