BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Individual Training.

Individual Training.

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 2/9/2008 12:01:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
While contemplating my 12-35 (34%) FT shooting in my cup game, I noted that my two atrocious FT shooters were 3-18 (17%). But if I train FT, I have to stop training everyone else, even though they might not be particularly in need of the training.

It is similar with stamina training. The idea of injuried players losing stamina while they were out for a few weeks was not such a bad idea, but that the rest of the team had to run extra laps to help their teammate recover was.

Stamina and FT are probably the two skills that least need game action to reinforce, and can be trained by an individual by himself. So why should these be "team" training?

So I suggest adding individual training for FT and stamina training. To help maintain game balance there would still have to be loss of some game-based training, but not as severe as having the whole team switch as happens now.

So something like this, you can give each of up to 3 individuals, individual training in either stamina or FT. For each such individually trained player, you give up 1/5 of your game-based training. So if you decide to train two players in FT, then your jump shooting (or other) training would only be 3/5 as effective that week.

In addition, the players receiving individual training would not benefit from the game-based training that week, since they were concentrating on FT or running laps.

The effect of individual FT or stamina training on any given player could be the same as each player under the current team training, so that it might still prove more useful to do team training.

And I suppose there could be individual form training, though it less needed since a player can play himself back into game shape.

If individual training were available, it might be reasonable to reinstitute the loss of stamina due to lack of PT, and perhaps implement a long term decline in FT shooting skills.

This Post:
15639.2 in reply to 15639.1
Date: 2/10/2008 1:08:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
individual possibility to train stamina/free throw/form will affect that everyone will have a good stamina/free throw/form, because there will be no hurdles at all !!

and this is not good idea, because it will erase affect to after-injuried players and there will be no teams with bad stamina/free throw/form

This Post:
15639.3 in reply to 15639.2
Date: 2/11/2008 12:43:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think my proposal has good balance.

(1) It would be limited to just a few players; but the rate would be the same as if the whole team were being trained.

(2) It would limit the benefit of other position based training.
(a) A player receiving individual training could not receive position based
training.
(b) The value of position based training would be reduced if there was
any individual training.

(3) They removed the effect of injuries on stamina, and now all players will have a slow decline in stamina. My proposal would re-instate the loss of stamina due to lack of PT.

They made the wrong change. Since you couldn't train individuals in stamina, they removed the individualized loss of stamina. I think that they should re-instate the individualized loss of stamina, but permit individual training in stamina.

This Post:
15639.4 in reply to 15639.3
Date: 2/11/2008 3:17:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I really like this one...

+1 for your idea...

but the loss by individual training to PT must be more than 1/5 normal training... maybe could be 3/10 per one individual... Otherwise allone will train three individuals and PT...

ZyZla - ZyZlūnas ZyZlavotas ~c(=

This Post:
15639.5 in reply to 15639.4
Date: 2/11/2008 3:30:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I really like this one...
but the loss by individual training to PT must be more than 1/5 normal training... maybe could be 3/10 per one individual... Otherwise allone will train three individuals and PT...

Yeah, I wasn't really sure about some of the numbers. I wanted to emphasize that it was a much bigger loss than say 1/15 (your weren't just doing "team" training for 1/15 of the team). So team training would still be an option, especially for new teams just figuring out what to train, since it woud train many more players than individual training.

And then I was thinking about a maximum of 5 players, which is comparable to the number of players you can train with position-based training for two positions. But I decided that was too many.

So perhaps a limit of 3 players, and 30% reduction in the other training would be a good balance.

This Post:
15639.6 in reply to 15639.3
Date: 2/11/2008 3:39:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I see your point, but still -

(1) It would be limited to just a few players; but the rate would be the same as if the whole team were being trained.

.. that mean if I train 1, 2 players or whole team, the training will have the same effect? So why don't train whole team anyway?:)

This Post:
15639.7 in reply to 15639.6
Date: 2/11/2008 3:57:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If you would train One individual and PT would be 100% indidulal (only stamina and passing available) and 70% PT ( you lost 30% effectiveness on PT, in other words that would be if your players would be played just for exp.: 40min not 48min)

If you would train Two individuals and PT would be 100% indidulals (only stamina and passing available) and 40% PT ( you lost 60% effectiveness on PT, in other words that would be if your players would be played just for exp.: 25min not 48min)

If you would train Three individuals and PT would be 100% indidulals (only stamina and passing available) and 10% PT ( you lost 90% effectiveness on PT, in other words that would be if your players would be played just for exp.: 10min not 48min)

How I know played minutes don`t have any influance on Stamina and Passing Trainings... So that one allways is 100% efective...

Maybe now this Idea will be more clear to understand for allone...

Edited by LA-ZyZla (2008.02.11 04:05:55 CET)

Last edited by ZyZla at 2/11/2008 4:05:54 AM

This Post:
15639.8 in reply to 15639.6
Date: 2/11/2008 4:04:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
because you if you have only one player just recovered from injury and his stamina droped by the time he was injured... you could train stamina just for him and still have PT but much more less efective than with out individual training... But you don`t loss you PT cause of one player stamina...

This Post:
15639.9 in reply to 15639.8
Date: 2/11/2008 4:38:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I still don't like to see that every players will have perfect stamina during whole career, it just isn't good for a tactical side and game will not be so complicated and interresting

but I'm not telling that this is a bad idea, it is just something which I don't like to see in this game

This Post:
15639.10 in reply to 15639.9
Date: 2/11/2008 11:43:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I really don`t agree with your opinion... because this individual training would really cut your effectiveness on PT... and then you`ll try to get back you one or two players stamina your oponents could get two or maybe more skill-ups in that time...

and now I stop writing in this thread... I explained the Idea (even this one wasn`t main) and don`t have anything more to add...

This Post:
15639.11 in reply to 15639.10
Date: 2/11/2008 6:22:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I really don`t agree with your opinion... because this individual training would really cut your effectiveness on PT... and then you`ll try to get back you one or two players stamina your oponents could get two or maybe more skill-ups in that time...

So if it were implemented, don't do it.

That's not really difficult, is it?

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live