BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Cyprus > Another Season Comes to an End

Another Season Comes to an End

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/3/2010 1:34:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
After a long period of inactivity in the forum, in respect to my weekly game updates and commentary, I have decided to post a message regarding what I have seen in Season 13. Lets put things in order.
1.To start with, many congrats to Cyprus Fighters for their double in this season. Superb performance by perhaps the best team in CBBA for now and for seasons to come. The addition of Gkavogiannis to the squad was surely a great one since Gkavo has out performed himself game after game, giving allaround balance to the team and not by just scoring or playing defense.
2. Our second stop is non other than my favourite team, Pistoleroi. What an amazing season. With a record of 19-3 during the season, winning some of the strongest teams in the league. It is obvious that the manager had given the correct attention to its players, increased the strength of the team by new additions and managed to reach the playoff finals for the first time in the records of its team. We hope to see more of Pistoleroi in the seasons to come, growing to be one of the best teams, leaders of the CBBA.
3. Who shall we talk next? Valentinos. A team that was relegated in season 12. Came back in season 13 stronger than ever. The manager made a few additions to the squad turning it into a powerhouse that should be feared by all. Underestimating this team will mean a sure defeat, you can bet on that.
4. Bros456, last seasons playoff finalist did not show any similar performance this year. A mediocre season over clouded its performance in season 12. It is certain that the manager has spotted this lacking in performance and has decided to make drastic changes in the former squad. Fucai, the starting center, is a history to the team and a few more players seem to be heading out of the door making room for new and stronger ones. Could the team repeat the glory of season 12?
5. Several teams that used to be the backbone of CBBA in respect to their strength, have faded out in season 13. In this group we include Passifs (our former champions), Bc Teammate (one of the greatest and strongest teams of CBBA), Megalonisos (the former King of Great 8) and Ekleptismenoi.
Ekleptismenoi is managed by our U21 NT coach. Former seasons they have performed well and showed a glimpse of a future super team. Unfortunately in season 13, the squad was a shadow of its self. Poor tactics, bad gameshape, inability to refurnish the team with new talent, made it a terrible season for Ekleptismenoi. Nevertheless, my opinion on the performance of Ekleptismenoi during this season, is the fact that the manager gave more attention to training its young cypriot talents than to increase the strength of its starting line up. Two new all time great additions have already been made to the team and be sure that season 14 will be totally different in respect of the abilities of Ekleptismenoi.

Coming to a close we have decided to give some awards for this Season. Always based on our opinion. Surely you can disagree.
1. Best overall defender: Gkavogiannis (Cyprus Fighters)
2. Best overall scorer: Bartolome (Megalonisos)
3. Best PF and C Combination in the same team: Florakis and Formigao (Pistoleroi)
4. Best improved team: Pistoleroi
5. Best tactical manager: Valentinos
6. Best scoring / defending team: Cyprus Fighters
7. Most expensive transfer: Gkavogiannis (Cyprus Fighters)

Thats all from us. See you all in Season 14!!!!!

This Post:
158499.2 in reply to 158499.1
Date: 10/3/2010 5:01:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Congratulations to the champions Cyprus fighters. Unfortunately Cyprus Fighters seems to be one step ahead of all of us. Congratulations to Pistoleroi for undertaking all teams and going to the final after a series of good transactions and solid training.

In the awards you can add:

Great disappointment of the year: Ekleptysmenoi.
Best trainer in Cyprus of a Cyprus talent: newcastle from cyprus

I will have to disagree with the most improved team this year. I would have to go with Valentino. A team that came from the 2nd division and managed to end up in 3d place.

Season 14 starts tomorrow. Good luck to everyone!

This Post:
158499.3 in reply to 158499.2
Date: 10/3/2010 7:11:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Its a great season for the Cyprus Fighters, the greatest day of the teams history. Double with dominant performance on every important game, we didnt left any doubts about our superiority. What is sad is that Passiff has 7 days to login and looks like he quits. CBBA and my pleasure having a strong rival takes a huge hit if he leaves. Big 8 now is a 2 teams race and thats sad.

From the other side Great 8 have 5 teams that can be from the 1st place to 5th. Very exciting, the deferences are very small things can change very easily. I am looking forward for an exciting 14 season.

About the seasons best, i have to agree that the Most improved team award should go to Valentinos. Great come back. Next season i am expecting from both Ekleptismenos and Bros to bounce back strong, doing Pistoleros life really tough.

About the most disappointing team now other team should be other than the former champions...

@Pistoleros. Those weakly updates are treasure on a so poor forum. Keep it up and dont frustrate from the poor participation on the forums. If my idea that we have talk about works, maybe can give a motive for more people to post here.

Last edited by JohnnyB at 10/3/2010 7:14:07 PM

This Post:
158499.4 in reply to 158499.3
Date: 10/6/2010 2:28:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Season 14 people...heads up!!!!
Ok guys, here is the deal. We enter season 14. Surely a very interesting season mainly in respect to great 8 conference. As Cyprus Fighters very correctly stated, there are 5 teams of nearly equal magnitude. So anything goes. Any misstep will be a killer one. What do I expect?
1. Ekleptismenoi to come back with blazing colors. It is absolutely essential for the manager as well as the team to enter the new season with the right foot and win their first big game against Bros. What has changed in the team? Thanos Kakarnakis to start with. A member of the NT and surely a super star. Mendez Blasco who is a great center and is expected to help the team in every way. Other than that, in respect to the starting line up of the team, we include David Sala who has increased its abilities during season 13.
2. Bros456. A team of ability and strength. Here is what we observed. Takartin increased during season 13 and the same goes for Skarmoutsos and Calsa. Other than that not much changes have been done. Nevertheless the team has already sold Fucai and we expect a great new addition to the team as soon as the economy makes it possible. The greatest thread to the other teams is up to now the PG and SG.
3. Valentinos. As mentioned before maybe the best improved team during the past seasons. Interesting enough we have not seen any major increases in the patients salary during season 13. Could this be an upcoming problem to the teams performance? The latest addition to the team is Simos Fasoulis. A NT calibur center.
4. Least but not last Megalonisos. The team has strengthen up for season 14 with Giovanni Maria, Bartolome and a few others. THe manager has done a good job in respect to trainning as Babiel, Bartolome have a great salary increase. Megalonisos has been before and remains a team to be fear by all in Great 8.

Thats about all we have for Great 8. Next time we shall analyse the changes performed in the greatest teams of Big 8. Cyprus Fighters, Bc Teammate and Keraynos.