Suggestions > cup

cup

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/6/2010 1:57:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
hi,

wouldn't it be be better to create pots in the cups.
What i mean is that, based on your country rank, you are either put in pot 1 or pot 2.
If for example a country has 100 teams, then the 50 best teams would be in pot 1, the other in pot 2.
Then people from pot 1 would have to face people from pot 2, that way you don't have the great matches in round one like this one:
17 Les popotams Set Lineup 32 BBC Mianus C

as you can see i'm 32 in my country and les popotams is 17, way to silly if you ask me to do this so random.
normally the big teams should come in the end, but if it's like this, this aint fun at all.
i think most of us will agree with this.

grtz
/gia

This Post:
159421.2 in reply to 159421.1
Date: 10/6/2010 2:45:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
getting those heavy games so early is hard indeed, not just for the one that looses it, but also for the one that can't play TIE while all concurents can.

on the other hand creating 2 piles would mean you are auto-eliminating the 50 worst teams in the first round, which is very unatractive for new players. Maybe a few of those 50 can survive by playing crunch, but then they have no way of winning the second round unless they want to throw away their regular season as well...

If I have to choose between the two evils, I go for the total random option...

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
159421.3 in reply to 159421.2
Date: 10/6/2010 5:32:07 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I second your counterpoint. Neutral courts would be the best way to try to remove some of the random unluckiness. If the matchups are going to be random, at least there shouldn't be any random advantage assigned with a home court advantage.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
159421.4 in reply to 159421.2
Date: 10/11/2010 5:53:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
For newcomers it would be just more appealing, wanting a better team and hoping to get trough the first round in the cup.
In real life a team who is low ranked will also have to play more difficult teams.
The newcomers will also receive money, while they actually shouldn't be in round 2 and the team who could have reached semi-finals is now eliminated at round 1, wich probably is the case here with me.
When doing it random you favour the weak, i understand that. But I rather see a strong team getting trough the first rounds then seeing the strong teams eliminating each other in the first rounds...
In real life the strong teams are also being favoured a bit, but the strong teams have been weak to in the beginning and had to fight their way up. They have worked hard to get there to, so i think we may give them a little privilige wich they deserve, the way wich sounds most logical i think.

This Post:
159421.5 in reply to 159421.4
Date: 10/11/2010 1:28:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The newcomers will also receive money, while they actually shouldn't be in round 2 and the team who could have reached semi-finals is now eliminated at round 1, wich probably is the case here with me.

so you claim your team to be among the 4 best in Belgium then?
While in the current system you could indeed reach the semis, it is very unlikely that in your proposed system you would get even in the quarter finals...

Telling that after the first round it should be random is just being egoistic, because it would serve your tam and position in the rankings the best.

It's either random all the way, or have the best teams play the weakest and continue this system all the way.

The newcomers will also receive money

nope. the loosing team get nothing at all...

Should their be visitor money, and the home team would be the highest ranked team, it might work, and newcommers might like your system, as it indeed would bring them some money they would get in the current system, BUT that isn't the case.
the system you propose is exit new teams, or weaker teams, with no money at all. I can hardly imagine new team being exited about the cup in this game...

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
159421.6 in reply to 159421.5
Date: 10/11/2010 3:51:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry wasn't trying to be egoistic.
Just tought this would have been a good system,
seeing as they use this system also in real life(i think they use this system, don't really know it for sure).

and the team who could have reached semi-finals is now eliminated at round 1

this was just an example, wasn't pointing at me, cause i sure as hell aint good, i know that.
Just wanted to say that it could also be that you(nr1) could compete vs nr2. Would that be fair?

Just wanted to do a suggestion, not being offensife or trying to say that im good or the best :)

Keep up the good work :)

This Post:
159421.7 in reply to 159421.6
Date: 10/12/2010 2:00:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not r 1, not for a while now, and not by far anymore. ;)

If I have to play the Nr 1, would it be fair? actually yes, would I like it? I don't think so. But that goes for any team who has to play the Nr1, so why would it be more fair for someone else?

get what I mean?

As in this game you can only get money by actually winning the cupgame, everyone likes to get a weaker opponent. So why would the system want to make a selection? If it's totally random, as it is now, it's the most fair way, as every team is treated the same way.

I'm not saying your proposed system is bad, it's good as well, but I'm just not sure I like it better then the one we have. What I do know is that half the BB community will not find it better. The bottom half, as their chances get very slim to get past the first round, where now, with some good drawing, they might get some rounds...

This Post:
159421.8 in reply to 159421.4
Date: 10/12/2010 11:16:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Even though it is a different sport (football) the FA Cup is without doubt the best cup format of any sport.

Domestic cups and the BB3 (apart from the neutral grounds starting earlier than semi-finals) follow this format and its the same risk for everyone. With the right luck a lower division team can go on a fairytale run and seeding the draw would be boring in comparison.

Let me ask if your 2 biggest rivals had drawn each other this week and you were playing a bot, how would you feel?
(rhetorical question)

This Post:
159421.9 in reply to 159421.8
Date: 10/14/2010 3:21:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
after having a look at the cup-scedule for Belgium, I see where his suggestion comes from now.

he drew a BBBL team in the first round.

However, it's the BBBL team who drew the shortest straw, as she is playing an away game, I wouldn't be surprized if she looses.

So the semi finals are still within his reach. unless he draws Seattle Supersonics next. ;)

This Post:
159421.10 in reply to 159421.9
Date: 10/14/2010 6:30:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i lost the game.
she scored 39 points in the last quarter and i only scored 20.
Loss for me and very fast out of the cup.
Anyways i sure aint good and lost.

Congratulations to popotams and good luck in the cup.

I really tought i could of win this one as i was standing 19 points in front of her, till the last quarter came :D

This Post:
159421.11 in reply to 159421.10
Date: 10/14/2010 6:36:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
oh and for the rhetorical question(yeah i know :D)
I wouldn't feel good, cause if i would get far in the cup and actually made it pretty far, then it wouldn't give a good feeling as you would get there by plain luck, not cause you have a better team.

And i think that at the end of the cup it should be more excited then in the beginning. When the bigger teams cancel each other out, you would get a 4th division guy reaching the semi-finals. Not very exciting if you ask me.

You should also get far in the cup cause you have a good team, not cause you have some plain ass luck.