Suggestions > More privacy settings

More privacy settings (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/31/2010 6:53:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Dear BB-staff,

In the game today you can see many details about a team when you go on their pages. I understand that some players use this opportunity to find out about your eventual tactics by "scouting" your team. There are though certain informations which have absolutely nothing to do with the running season or how you manage your team for the next game(s), like for example the amount of time you're playing this game and your de- and promotions.

It would help if we would be able to block this information to everyone, and only allow it maybe to our friends (buddys). I have encountered in the past in various discussions in forums that the standing of the team can influence the way people answer to your messages. In general, even when bringing up suggestions, I observed in the forums that players from lower divisions are not taken seriously or are made fun of in the forums. Sometimes even references are made to the time spent playing, and compared to what division the player "still" is playing in...

I think it would be better for the whole community if such details could be only seen by buddys or BBs.

Best wishes

This Post:
162909.3 in reply to 162909.2
Date: 10/31/2010 11:06:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
In real life, you know if the club you're facing next weekend has been demoted 5 years, ago. You also know when the manager was appointed. It's public knowledge.

"Air is beautiful, yet you cannot see it. It's soft, yet you cannot touch it. Air is a little like my brain." - Jean-Claude Van Damme
This Post:
162909.4 in reply to 162909.1
Date: 11/1/2010 1:47:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't agree with this suggestion at all. Past results are important, interesting, and fun information. Instead of removing it, there should be efforts to improve them (like what is this business with players who become free agents disappearing from your transfer history?). Anyone who is not interested in the history and statistics is free to ignore them.

Last edited by GM-WallyOop at 11/1/2010 1:48:47 AM

This Post:
162909.5 in reply to 162909.1
Date: 11/1/2010 2:19:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This is a bad suggestion. All the info you suggest hiding is vital for opponent scouting.
To be honest, as a new player you should know from who you are taking advice from. When I started (in divIV) the most active forum troll was a III div manager. The truth was, he gave me the wrong advice in the forums. Sometimes someone bothered to correct him. Sometimes they did not. When I realized that most of his knowledge was wrong. I studied the game myself. Promoted to his league. Beat him easily and promoted again.
The point of the last part was this: it does not matter from which level league you are. Anyone can give bad advice. To be honest I would be a little sceptical about a managers advice who has been stuck in the lower leagues and has not shown real advancement with his team (still starting arena, 5-7k players etc).

This Post:
162909.6 in reply to 162909.1
Date: 11/1/2010 5:19:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Its just part of the game that you are measured in eyes of people by things you do. If you would be the such manager in real life, others would treat you differently just because you did something as well, even way, way more. The key is learning to see that meanwhile some managers can overlook you or declass your position, they are usually doing that just because they havent anything progressive to offer in that matter and just defend their social position. Well, its a bit complicated.

Last edited by aigidios at 11/1/2010 5:21:05 AM

This Post:
162909.7 in reply to 162909.6
Date: 11/1/2010 6:18:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think the fact how long a manager is playing should not be an information you use to scout your next opponent. Anyways, Teams can change from one season to another drastically.

However, if that actually is part of scouting an opponent, I don't see why all managers should be able to see this information: A set up which allows only your league opponents to see that information and maybe your cup-opponent (only 6 days in advance or something).

Again: My point is to have every player the same fair respect and treatment in forum postings. Pointing out that a manager "is in division X, although playing since season Y" in Forum postings, especially when it comes to suggestions, is unfair. I have read very interesting suggestions from lower division managers which were then made fun of, just because the person suggesting "is in division V and has probably not understood the game yet".

Last edited by Coach Ash at 11/1/2010 6:19:20 AM

This Post:
162909.8 in reply to 162909.7
Date: 11/1/2010 8:49:46 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Again: My point is to have every player the same fair respect and treatment in forum postings.

Respect is not gained by limiting the information people have. That's something we just need to show each other.

This Post:
162909.10 in reply to 162909.9
Date: 11/1/2010 1:52:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
But the manager who wants you to help them can just accept you as a friend/buddy so that you can see in his team history, no?

And you say BB has to hide 75 % of the information? I strongly disagree: From where else would you find out how long a manager is playing, when he changes the teamname, if not on the team history page?

Maybe I don't want someone random in a forum to know how long I play this game? What can I do in such a case?

This Post:
162909.11 in reply to 162909.10
Date: 11/1/2010 1:56:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Actually I mean the whole "team" area should not be visible for everybody, but only to those who either play in the league or cup competition against that team.