BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Respond to Transfer Ads

Respond to Transfer Ads

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/1/2010 11:15:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It would be nice to be able to respond to a transfer ad in the same way people can a forum thread or press release.

When you see great player blah blah blah and you click to see hopeless cause listed at twice TPE (even if thats not accurate) it would be great to be able to add comments (of course observing the normal forum etiquette).

eg.

Advert:
Great Player - not many Centers have his OD - will become a BB legend.

'Average OD? Atrocious Passing/Stamina and Jumpshot... only Star potential - who are you trying to fool?'

etc

This Post:
162963.2 in reply to 162963.1
Date: 11/6/2010 9:14:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
What would this be good for? If you want to diss the seller, send him a BB-Mail :D

This Post:
162963.3 in reply to 162963.1
Date: 11/6/2010 1:01:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not against this perse, because I know where this comes from.

But I think it's far to dangerous.

I did some commenting like you propose way back when the transfer ad threads where still life, and at one time I got a reaction from a potential seller that I was critisising his player because I didn't want him to get enough money for the player.
I can asure you that never was my intention, but after re-reading my replies to some advertisements, I must admit that here and there, it might be influencing to people, might make the player look less good ,or might be miss-interpreted, and so on.
(Almost) every player has a weakness, or a few, and aiming for perfect players one can always find something that is not good, or can be better on a player. We post it as advise, and others take it diffrently...

So to avoid a war here, I think we might best not put this suggstion into place. It will cause flaming and fighting in no time...

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
162963.4 in reply to 162963.3
Date: 11/6/2010 1:22:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think that many comments about player always mean that it could be somehow interresting to get him, no matter how rude comments would that mean. Dont be so negative.

To: RiP
This Post:
162963.6 in reply to 162963.5
Date: 11/6/2010 1:40:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I bought like 3 players like that...

To: RiP
This Post:
162963.7 in reply to 162963.5
Date: 11/6/2010 1:44:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
People actually look at the transfer ads?

theads are sometimes quite useful, when you make your config but i never watch the text - and i don't think that a discussion there would make any sense.

And they are ads, everybody should know that they aren't facts.

This Post:
162963.8 in reply to 162963.4
Date: 11/7/2010 4:37:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think that many comments about player always mean that it could be somehow interresting to get him, no matter how rude comments would that mean. Dont be so negative.

on the interesting players this might be the case.

but how about this one:
someone places an ad on a player which highest skill is inept, and he has more atrociouses then any other kind.
The ad says this player is a div I competitor for almost every country and he sure will hit at least a double double every game.
about 250 reactions come to the add that it is rubbish.

In your theory, only because he got 250 reactions, this player is interesting to you?...

don't think it works that way.

But about me being negative as you say, let me try to explain myself better, again with an example
Someone has a decent player on the TL and makes an ad to praise him. Let's asume it is a SF, with low handling and medium passing. As SF's (to me) mostly need JS, both defenses and rebounding, and then a good portion of all the rest too to make him good, I might comment that he will need some training on handling and maybe passing in order to make him into a better player then he is now.
I post this to help the potential buyer decide if either he wants the player as he is, but face the consequences of turnovers, or will need to give him some training in order to make him a very good player.
The seller however sees this as if I try to critisise his player, and tell the world it is a bad one because his handling is too low.
This is exactly the best start for irritated users, unhappy users, and even flaming wars...
And it is therefor I posted I think it would be dangerous to implement it.
I'm not trying to be negative, I just try to look ahead and imagine what can happen, or is likely to happen, if a suggestion indeed would get implemented. I do this with every suggestion. ;)

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
162963.9 in reply to 162963.8
Date: 11/7/2010 4:50:01 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This is exactly the best start for irritated users, unhappy users, and even flaming wars...

for flaming wars you have to see the same ad twice, so there will be no discussions :) But i also don't like it, you see the skills in the ad.

This Post:
162963.10 in reply to 162963.8
Date: 11/7/2010 6:11:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well now I can understand what is ment to be a "transfer ad", it is that green typing thing. This is pretty much useless, indeed. Also you convinced me that it wouldnt be very progressive to have it that way.

However I thought about it and such thing could be done by different way. There are lot of users which mostly doesnt know what they are buying because of lacking some experiences. I think that would be great to have in buzzerbeater a place (not like a forum), where would be presented players which need a comment.

So this user would click into a button on transfer list and that player would occur on that place. He should (not as option) fill the form by clicking another buttons like "desired position: "PF"; starter/backup: "starter"; traning prospect/finished player: "training prospect 3 seasons"" etc. Something like that.

So if you would watch such page, you would have quick idea about why this manager want to bid on him for such price, and could comment his intentions.

Last edited by aigidios at 11/7/2010 6:13:05 AM