BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Suggestion: Revamp the Forum Layout

Suggestion: Revamp the Forum Layout

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 12/18/2010 3:29:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Buzzerbeater is a great, great game. Very few weaknesses. However, one of those weaknesses is clearly the forum layout. The forums are difficult to navigate, are not aesthetically pleasing, and are in a whole laid out poorly. I posted a similar suggestion to this a few months earlier in the BB-Global forum, but that thread was quickly locked because it was not in the suggestions forum - however, I didn't even know where the suggestions forum was at the time!

The social aspect of a sports game like buzzerbeater is extremely important. I have an account on an american football MMORPG, and I spend 95% of my time on that site posting on their forums, and 5% actually playing the game. I am part of a group of people (about a dozen of us) from that same football MMORPG that also play buzzerbeater. They all agree that one of the, if not the biggest issues with buzzerbeater is the forums - in fact, we have created a private forum for all things buzzerbeater.... however, that forum is located on the american football site, and not on buzzerbeater itself (well, we have a small federation on buzzerbeater, but only a very small portion of our discussion is in the federation), because the football site has a simple, clear, and easy to navigate forum system.

If the forums are laid out more clearly, it will add to the amount of pageviews that the overall buzzerbeater site gets - more pageviews = more advertising = more revenue for buzzerbeater. As well, I think it would raise the amount of users we have on buzzerbeater, as more newbie players are likely to keep playing the game if the forum layout is more friendly... remember, this is the social era.. facebook, twitter, etc... so why not capitalize on it!

Anyways, if you've read this far, here is a cookie for reading the whole thing. The end.

Last edited by Weather at 12/18/2010 3:35:17 PM

The greatest of all time.
This Post:
166486.2 in reply to 166486.1
Date: 12/18/2010 4:50:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I come from this group and play on that other site. As said, I spend little to no time with that game but talk about Buzzerbeater on their forums because of the navigation. I spend a lot more time playing BB (looking for players, tactics, coachparrot, etc) than the other one, but can barely stand using the forums here because of the setup. I think it needs to have a much more traditional forum layout. I love the game, but feel like users are frustrated and don't communicate on these boards as much as they would if the layout was changed.

+1 to the OP.

This Post:
166486.3 in reply to 166486.2
Date: 12/18/2010 6:18:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If you want incentive... a revamped forum might help with the user turnover issue. I think this game is amazing and feel that the turnover problem might be the result of people not giving the game a shot. I'm from the aforementioned football MMORPG and was the person who introduced quite a few people to the game. At that time, I wasn't big into the game. I liked the game a lot, but it's not a time extensive game. You can set your line ups once a week and sufficiently manage. I basically did just that iirc. What might help is if it's made easier to navigate. Increasing forum activity could help as well. Maybe create a general discussion section and a world sports section where people from every country can converge and talk (if it doesn't end up working, then it can be scrapped). I'd say that 50% or more of the user base on the football MMORPG do not play the actual game; most of the user base just posts on the forum. That game is expensive and it's not fun. This game is both fun and free - or very affordable if you purchase supporter.

There are some neat features with this forum. I like how you can link players, teams, etc. After some trial and tribulations I'm okay with the forum, but it's not easy to like it.

This Post:
166486.5 in reply to 166486.4
Date: 12/19/2010 3:10:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am from this game that everyone is talking about an honestly this games forum needs a lot of work. If you want an idea on how the forum on that game is organized just go to goallineblitz.com . I am on this game more then I am that, but I go on their forum regularly since its a pretty decent forum. Its easy for people to communicate with each other as a whole on the forum and its easily accessible. A forum like that would mean a big overhaul for the forum on this game but I honestly think it would keep more users who sign up for this site. At a first glance this games forum looks confusing and as a new owner they want to ask questions and sometimes probably dont even know where to go to do that without getting criticized.

This Post:
166486.6 in reply to 166486.5
Date: 12/27/2010 11:07:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This just being in the suggestions forum itself is an issue, barely anyone knows where it is.

This Post:
166486.8 in reply to 166486.7
Date: 1/2/2011 4:19:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Basically, the same. Forums are very difficult to navigate, difficult to find threads that you've posted in mere hours before (by 'difficult', I mean "not instantaneous" - which for most forums they are).
Definitely not an intuitive layout.

http://with-malice.com/ - The half-crazed ramblings of a Lakers fanatic in Japan
This Post:
166486.9 in reply to 166486.8
Date: 1/9/2011 5:23:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Oh yeah, and remove the BuzzerBeater twitter if you're not updating it either.

This Post:
166486.10 in reply to 166486.9
Date: 1/11/2011 1:08:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I used to play aforementioned football game, and loved their forums. I used to play a different basketball game and only go on their forums now, but there are probably 20 of us that just post stuff there instead of these forums. After being here for a year, Ive gotten used to this setup, but a simpler one would be way better.