Suggestions > Transfer Warning

Transfer Warning (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 02/22/2008 02:19:01
Overall Posts Rated:
I rarely visit the transfer list. Today I bid on a player and saw this message:

WARNING: It is against BuzzerBeater rules to bid above market rates on a player. Our cheater tools may detect this as an attempt to transfer money between two accounts, and BOTH teams may be banned.

I am all for this, but how am I supposed to know what the market rate is for a player? Is there a price guide? What if I get in a bidding war and pay overmarket because I have the dough and feel like splurging?

Please help because I don't cheat and I don't want to be banned.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
16851.2 in reply to 16851.1
Date: 02/22/2008 02:27:32
Overall Posts Rated:
its new since today, you dont need to be scared its written on every transfer.
anyway prices are just kind of unpredictable at the moment, they kind of exploded...
so it should be really hard to give an valuation for an good player at the moment.
but still if you see like an 30 y old player with less than 2k salary transfered for like more than 100k something might be wrong and you should press the admit cheater button ^^

This Post:
16851.3 in reply to 16851.1
Date: 02/22/2008 10:28:13
Overall Posts Rated:
There isn't a magic number where a certain player exceeds the valuation and it's setting off red flags.

Generally, the only time you will see a fine is if a player is grossly overpriced.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
16851.5 in reply to 16851.4
Date: 02/24/2008 13:49:48
Overall Posts Rated:
This message is mainly because we find that sometimes teams who cheat claim that they didn't know it was illegal to own two accounts and then dump all of the money in one account to the other.

So we want to make sure that we've given fair warning.

If you are playing the game honestly and not trying to throw your money to another team, there's nothing to be worried about. And for all of those who are not, our GMs are coming after you! :)

What about the Laker's and Memphis? No way that Gasol thing was above board!

Steve
Go Bruins!