Suggestions > Make Bot Teams Choose The Most Suitable Offense

Make Bot Teams Choose The Most Suitable Offense

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
170183.6 in reply to 170183.5
Date: 1/17/2011 2:32:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I support this suggestion IF...it is a very easy fix. There are a lot more important things that could be improved in the game and this has no effect on most players. And it is good that bots are easy to beat, it means new players can get a few wins and will want to continue to play.

This Post:
170183.7 in reply to 170183.4
Date: 1/17/2011 4:01:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The problem is some people buy great players who ruin their economy, then stop playing the game. If the bot team plays smart tactics it will be impossible for someone like me to compete because I can't just go and buy a 30k salary player.

Right now bots just play order of highest salary into PG and on down, not even paying attention to suggested position.
Are you sure about this? I was under the impression that bot teams always played a lineup following this logic:

highest salary center (not necessarily listed as 'center') at point-guard
highest salary power-forward (" ") at shooting-guard
highest salary small-forward (" ") at small-forward
highest salary shooting-guard (" ") at power-forward
highest salary point-guard (" ") at center.

Could someone confirm this?

PS: You don't want bot teams to be competitive. You want bot teams to quickly drown to the lowest divison.

Last edited by Thelonious at 1/17/2011 4:04:38 PM

"Air is beautiful, yet you cannot see it. It's soft, yet you cannot touch it. Air is a little like my brain." - Jean-Claude Van Damme
This Post:
170183.8 in reply to 170183.7
Date: 1/17/2011 4:05:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Are you sure about this? I was under the impression that bot teams always played a lineup following this logic:

highest salary center (not necessarily listed as 'center') at point-guard
highest salary power-forward (" ") at shooting-guard
highest salary small-forward (" ") at small-forward
highest salary shooting-guard (" ") at power-forward
highest salary point-guard (" ") at center.

Could someone confirm this?

is it just the salary, which often leads to C playing at guards spots because center salaries are in general higher.

This Post:
170183.11 in reply to 170183.1
Date: 1/18/2011 7:08:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i think it won't be too hard for our great developers to create some variety between the bot teams by adding a few more comparisons into the codes..
it would be more challenging and entertaining when you are facing a bot team in the league or in the national tournament..

thanks..

I don't think bot teams are supposed to be efficient. They don't even field the most efficient lineup.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."