BB Global (English) > player effect

player effect

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/10/2007 17:20:29
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi,

After coming over from Hattrick, I'm having some trouble adapting. I was wondering how much an individual player contributes to a game? In HT, a player contributes to the ratings but after that his individual play means nothing, except for rare special events.

Is there something similar happening in BB? Or does the individual count? For example, if player X is shooting, is it his shooting skill vs. his defender? Or is it the whole team's shooting skill vs. the opposing team defence?

On another note, does a player's position matter? For example, if I play only rebounders and inside defenders, will they all boost my rebounding and inside d equally? Or will the centres and forwards have more of an effect?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
1707.2 in reply to 1707.1
Date: 10/10/2007 17:32:14
Overall Posts Rated:
BB is pretty much all individual and matchup based.

Position certainly does matter, though you shouldn't read too much into the ratings. The box score (and actually watching the game) are going to give you the best estimation of how your team played. Check out the rules for more.

This Post:
1707.3 in reply to 1707.2
Date: 10/10/2007 18:44:27
Overall Posts Rated:
So what you're saying is: my point guard plays against the other team's point guard. When he goes up for a shot, all that matters are his offensive skills and the d skills of my opponent's point guard?

Is rebounding the same? For example, if my point guard gets a rebound, it's because he out-rebounded the opponent's point guard?

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
1707.4 in reply to 1707.3
Date: 10/10/2007 20:59:01
Overall Posts Rated:
This is not quite true with the right tactics players sometimes have 2 opponents on them
i.e. your SG has the ball and has the opposing PG and SG covering them and the SF is covering your PG

I think it has to do with performance within the game as well. If you SG is playing really badly then he will be less likely to have 2 players guarding him.

If both teams play Man to Man and Base Offense then the battle will be individual against individual most of the time.

Creator of (http://www.buzzerbeaterstats.com) and (http://www.buzzerbeaternews.com/) -- Ex GM of Australia -- Division 1 winner of Italy Season 1 then moved team to Australia after the country was created by the BBs. Australian team manager for 2 seasons. Won various tournaments and division 1 titles in the following seasons.