BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > More training options please

More training options please

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 2/23/2011 3:33:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i apologise if this has already been mentioned.
I think more training options will encourage people to stick with training rather than day trading...

for instance:
i would like to see the option for inside shot for SF/PF or inside shot for SG/SF rather than having to put my SF or SG as a PF to get a proper training....

3 men training can never work.....

Last edited by Thor at 2/23/2011 3:34:58 AM

To: Thor
This Post:
175591.2 in reply to 175591.1
Date: 2/23/2011 2:01:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This as you said has been discussed over and over. In the end it would ruin the dynamics of the game.

This Post:
175591.3 in reply to 175591.2
Date: 2/23/2011 2:25:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
In the end it would ruin the dynamics of the game.

This is a pretty bold statement - that could be said to many changes we saw in this game in the past. Why exactly would a small change like that ruin the dynamics of this game?

This Post:
175591.4 in reply to 175591.3
Date: 2/23/2011 2:37:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

This is a pretty bold statement - that could be said to many changes we saw in this game in the past. Why exactly would a small change like that ruin the dynamics of this game?

For instance, if SB actually worked, it would ruin the dynamics of the game.

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
Keep your friend`s toast, and your enemy`s toaster.
This Post:
175591.5 in reply to 175591.3
Date: 2/23/2011 2:52:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Bold statement? Small change? Think about it. Almost everything a manager does is based on training minutes. This is nothing like the past changes we have had. There is meant to be a challenge to a game otherwise there is no fun in it. If you remove the restrictions on training A) How would you compensate those who have planned and been training according to the old regime. B) Why should we make a simple working system easier for those who can't figure it out?

This Post:
175591.7 in reply to 175591.5
Date: 2/23/2011 4:04:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Bold statement? Small change? Think about it. Almost everything a manager does is based on training minutes. This is nothing like the past changes we have had. There is meant to be a challenge to a game otherwise there is no fun in it. If you remove the restrictions on training A) How would you compensate those who have planned and been training according to the old regime. B) Why should we make a simple working system easier for those who can't figure it out?

I think it would be more fun to play the opponents best lineup rather than a starting five where we constantly see players stuck on "wrong" positions to get their minutes.

A) I am one of those who have planned according to the old regime (trained an SF myself) and I wouldnt mind a change as it would help me a lot in the future.

B) If it helps to grow the community and keep the inexperienced managers in the game (training system is not so "easy" as it is not very logical) I would appreciate such a change.

This Post:
175591.8 in reply to 175591.7
Date: 2/23/2011 5:06:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
A) I am one of those who have planned according to the old regime (trained an SF myself) and I wouldnt mind a change as it would help me a lot in the future.

So you would appreciate a New Manager being able to replicate your hard work with half the effort?

B) If it helps to grow the community and keep the inexperienced managers in the game (training system is not so "easy" as it is not very logical) I would appreciate such a change.

Dumbing things down doesn't mean that we are going to have higher retention of managers. You probably would lose some experienced managers over it. I think the system is more logical now than to let you train any skill at any position.

This Post:
175591.9 in reply to 175591.8
Date: 2/24/2011 11:17:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Why aren't you a Gm anymore? You were my 3rd favourite GM. What happened?

This Post:
175591.10 in reply to 175591.9
Date: 2/25/2011 8:45:43 AM
Smallfries
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Smallfries II
This would make it a lot easier but it would take away from all the previous strategies. I'm not saying its a bad idea but I think making such training tactics would force some players t reach their caps faster and nobody could afford their salaries.

This Post:
175591.11 in reply to 175591.8
Date: 2/28/2011 2:36:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Great suggestion. +1. It shouldn't be that EVERY training should be available for EVERY position, just more options.

Example: Inside Shot/Inside Defense for SG/SF should be available.
But Inside Shot and Inside Defense shouldn't be available for PG.

Just an example that would make training much easier and it would make buzzerbeater more fun.

The excuses I hear such as "training shouldn't be easy" -- why not? Is it better to have to tank games, with centers playing point guard and point guards at center just for training? This ruins the spirit of fair competition and makes buzzerbeater much less fun when you or your opponent has to do this just because of silly training logic.