BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Does Gameshape Effect Training?

Does Gameshape Effect Training?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 4/27/2011 6:03:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Gday

can anyone advise on the above?

Basically my gun rookie has played already 83 minutes this week (according to the weekly stats)

and he is required to play in tonights cup game.

with tomorrows training update, yes he has the 48 minutes well and truly under his belt, but will this stuff him up when it comes to training? i.e - can it affect a Pop?

thanks

This Post:
183210.2 in reply to 183210.1
Date: 4/27/2011 6:12:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
it won't affect the pop.

However, if your trainee is getting that many minutes, why don't you buy a second trainee to split them up and get full training for two or even three players instead of one awfully tired guy?

This Post:
183210.3 in reply to 183210.1
Date: 4/27/2011 6:45:25 PM
Koopasaurus
ABBL
Overall Posts Rated:
You're playing your HOF rookie for too many minutes in a week.. it won't affect his training but it will affect his gameshape, if you play him in the CUP he will surely drop from respectable to average gameshape or even mediocre gameshape. And gameshape is very important to manage in BB if you want to be successful. you will want players to be playing around 48-65mins per week.

I checked your last two games and it seems your training patterns are not on par.. let me help you since your HOF center will be very important to us aussies later on.

To be efficient in training here is a template of what should be doing for Stephen Gray (future aussie U21 and NT player if trained right)... train three young guys in the Center position and train something like one position ID (inside defense) or IS (inside shot).

Saturday league game (first game of new week)
PG Potter / cheap PG / cheap PG
SG jay parker / Neil Notting / Neil Notting
SF Mika / Mirasol / Mirasol
PF Javier baru / Adam Reiffel/ Adam Reiffel
C Stephen Gray / Stephen Gray / Stephen Gray

Tuesday league game (second game of the week)
PG Potter / cheap PG / cheap PG
SG jay parker / Neil Notting / Neil Notting
SF Mika / Mirasol / Mirasol
PF Javier baru / Stephen Gray/ Stephen Gray
C Adam Reiffel/ Adam Reiffel/ Adam Reiffel

Thursday CUP or scrimmage game
PG cheap PG / cheap PG / cheap PG
SG Neil Notting / Neil Notting / Neil Notting
SF Mirasol / Mirasol /Mirasol
PF Prendergast / Prendergast/ Prendergast
C Chesnaeu/ Chesnaeu/ Chesnaeu

With those lineups your 3 main trainees (gray, reiffel and chesneau) will all get 48+ mins at the center position for full training per week. The other players on your roster will also get around 65 mins per week for good gameshape.

You will need to buy a few more cheap players for tonights CUP game to soak up some minutes. They can be bought for 1k.

Also when you set your league games, make sure only 9 players get rostered meaning the players not playing will have to be excluded from the game or else the coach will sometimes screw up your training minutes.

If you need more help give me a buzz or come by the aussie chat forums.

This Post:
183210.4 in reply to 183210.3
Date: 4/28/2011 1:26:51 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
How does this method affect in-game results? Isnt stamina in game detrimental similar to game shape? Also, what happens in the instance of an injury?

Last edited by JimSardonic at 4/28/2011 1:32:53 AM

This Post:
183210.5 in reply to 183210.3
Date: 4/28/2011 2:30:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This method is the best if you want to maximize your training minutes in a week, but to have succes in the same time, you need your three trainees (or two of them if you're no longer playing the cup) to be at a certain minimum level in order to play 48 minutes and not making you loose your game...
Personally I can't, I think that it's more efficient to have a main trainee that will be your starter in your league games and a second one being is back-up, and of course, turn things around for the cup/scrimmage.

Le forum francophone dédié à Buzzerbeater : (http://buzzerbeaterfrance.forumpro.fr/) Vous y trouverez conseils et partage
This Post:
183210.6 in reply to 183210.5
Date: 4/28/2011 6:53:41 AM
Koopasaurus
ABBL
Overall Posts Rated:
If there is an injury/fouled out early in one of the games then you're stuffed. But of course if the injury(one game injury only) occurred in game 1 then u can always improvise in the CUP/scrimmage game and play the trainee as backup to get the extra mins needed to attain 48+ mins.

In regards to stamina, it will decrease by a small amount every game... which is why it is a good idea to train stamina once a season, preferably during the All star weekend when there is 2 games. Also on a whole different matter, during the game there is a stamina bar (unrelated to the stamina skill attribute), this bar will determine how how fast your player gets tired. eg atrocious stamina means the player will get tired faster then if they were on proficient stamina. You want to have your trainee with at least aweful/inept stamina or you will see him sometimes get subbed out with 2 mins left... or he will be too tired to play the entire 48 mins properly and start fouling a lot.

If you want to win then sure you can train 2 trainees, but if winning is not your top priority you can train 3 players per week.

This Post:
183210.7 in reply to 183210.6
Date: 4/28/2011 8:20:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I do 3 trainees all the time.

The key is to prioritise the trainees. The 2 most important trainees get the first two games of the week, if they don't get their 48 due to foul out, bad coach substitutions or injuries, you play them in the 3rd game to make up the minutes. The 3rd guy gets the full 48 only if the first two do, and if he doesn't get the full 48 minutes, that's ok.

So making the two best trainees a priority is the way to go, and the 3rd guy is along for the ride (assuming there's room).

This Post:
183210.8 in reply to 183210.3
Date: 4/28/2011 10:40:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
So I did this this week and it worked well for the first two games but my third trainee (cup match) only got 46 minutes because the coach pulled him out for two minutes at about the 43 minute mark. Do I need exactly 9 players? I had only 7 listed.

This Post:
183210.9 in reply to 183210.8
Date: 4/28/2011 11:16:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
to be absolutely sure, you need to play 5 guys, but then you aren't competitive enough.

still, this shouldn't happen all too often. just go on using 9 guys, you should be fine. 46 minutes is regrettable, but not terrible.