BB Global (English) > mid season announcement

mid season announcement

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 6/21/2011 5:53:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Any opinions?

I think the ranking feature is pretty useless as international competition does not exist for 99.9% of the clubs.

As for the transfer list change: dont know what to think about. Will hold the prices at low levels I guess no opinion there.

I think it is time to present some real innovations soon, game gets a little repetitive now and those cosmetic changes dont motivate me a lot.

This Post:
187889.2 in reply to 187889.1
Date: 6/21/2011 6:34:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Pretty useless but it could be good to be used as a scrimmage seeker.

I'm happy to hear the bot released-player on the market, even if the formula to calculate the price on the market is wrong IMHO (I would have also introduced the player's potential)

Also:
I think it is time to present some real innovations soon, game gets a little repetitive now and those cosmetic changes dont motivate me a lot.

This Post:
187889.3 in reply to 187889.2
Date: 6/21/2011 6:50:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
No instead of having the Market determine prices for players, its going to be total based on salary.

I don't like that change at all.

This Post:
187889.4 in reply to 187889.3
Date: 6/21/2011 7:18:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I really do not like this new system for public visits. I understand that you want to prevent the exploitation of entering the higher ranking and to fill the budget of the visit and after the drop, but again is too rigorously done. I went from fourth to third in the league and I am middle of the table. it is a success for the club to be in his first season in mid table, but the BB is not. Visit my bad because I play very variable, and I feel like I'm last in the league when it is such a bad situation. It is not the same when someone enters into a higher rank and be in the middle of the table and play one of the same league from season to season, and again you're in the middle. For me it is success and should be a better visit. At the beginning of the season I was about 90% now it is barely 60%, I'd like that u rearrange it a bit.
Low visitors are killing me! xD heeelp me

This Post:
187889.6 in reply to 187889.5
Date: 6/22/2011 10:01:51 AM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Seems to me we could be in for a market price drop for most player types, particularly the really low salary players we never saw on the TL after teams went bot. This probably means that selling that mostly worthless bench player or lousy draft pick will go from unlikely to near impossible. You may as well just fire those players in case you don't already do that. It also probably means that buying a mid-range player, say in the $7k-$14k range, is not a good idea right now unless you really need one since they could be much easier to grab next season. I can see this affecting the lower divisions a whole lot. A D.IV team should now have an easier time filling out a very competitive roster with the coming influx of players in the TL that are decent role players that never made it to the TL before, as well a probably more affordable prices for the D.IV and D.V star players.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
187889.7 in reply to 187889.6
Date: 6/22/2011 10:43:55 AM
BC Hostivař
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jirkov
I expect over 90% listed free agents will retire on noone bid them rule. If you looked at present bot teams, almost all players waged 10k+ were listed even with old FA rules. Maybe some interesting players with wage below 1k will come to TL.

This Post:
187889.8 in reply to 187889.7
Date: 6/22/2011 10:59:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The 10X salary rule is obviously extremely flawed, and I'm not sure if the BB's intended to make it as flawed as it is. For starters, I'm sure on their spreadsheets, 10 seems like a good number to multiply as an average, but they failed to account for age and position. While a 25-year-old center with a $35K salary is work 350K, a 32-year-old version of that player worth less than that. So what'll basically end up happening is that market prices for younger players will go down and market prices for older players will remain about the same.

Another problem is that guards will probably depreciate in value much more than big men. A $35K, 28-year-old guard can go for about $1M but his center counter part will go for about $400k. Eventually, prices for these kind of centers will stagnate around $350K because at that point the retired teams won't be competing with price but the guards' prices will go down much more. This is all speculation obviously, but it makes sense to me that guards will take a much bigger hit and I think that might be unfair to players that recently bought high priced guard trainees (I personally don't feel cheated though).

This Post:
187889.9 in reply to 187889.8
Date: 6/22/2011 11:20:48 AM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I think the changes coming up in training will have a much bigger impact on the relative value of different positions than the addition of more bot team players to the TL. Cross-training will probably change a lot the current training strategies, especially for small forwards, but this may also ripple to the guards' value. The main reason for the difference in the value of guards vs. centers is really about the number of skills needed for the different positions and how much time it takes to train them. This has been discussed at length in other threads, but in a nutshell, training a center is easy so valuable centers are more plentiful on the TL, while training a guard takes more time (just training up OD alone is a task!) and so valuable guards are less available on the TL.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
187889.10 in reply to 187889.6
Date: 6/22/2011 11:30:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Bot release will act just the way it did before, only the players over a certain skill level will be transferlisted and all the others will directly retired. The only difference is that the bot players that do get listed, will now be listed at 10x their salary instead of $0. The new listing rule applies to all fired players and f.e almost completely removes the possiblity to sabotage NT players that happen to not be part of the NTs selection.

This Post:
187889.11 in reply to 187889.10
Date: 6/22/2011 11:37:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Bot release will act just the way it did before, only the players over a certain skill level will be transferlisted and all the others will directly retired. The only difference is that the bot players that do get listed, will now be listed at 10x their salary instead of $0. The new listing rule applies to all fired players and f.e almost completely removes the possiblity to sabotage NT players that happen to not be part of the NTs selection.

This sounds to me like players below that "certain skill level" will still be retired directly going forward, is that right?
From how I read the mid-season news, it sounded like all players will be transferlisted, no matter how good or bad they are.

Last edited by El Duderino at 6/22/2011 11:38:59 AM

We have both said a lot of things that you are going to regret.