Suggestions > SF Training - Definite Suggestion

SF Training - Definite Suggestion

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 7/3/2011 6:39:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello,

I know that we are expecting some substantial changes on the training regime by the beginning of the next season.

However, we don't know how deep are going to be the changes. That's why I'm here with one more suggestion regarding the (painful) training of small forwards. Sorry about the title of the topic

Training SFs is a hard task. Finding true SFs on the TL in BB is one of the hardest challenges mankind has ever faced. Something must me done to tackle this situation. Of course, every change has to respect the way things happen on BB. Training is hard, and should remain hard. Nonetheless, training SFs is too hard.

When SF trainees are young, it's fine setting them to play 1 position at scrimmages and use them as backups at the official matches. They aren't good enough yet. The drama begins when they get better and better. When SFs reach a certain level, you want they to play as SF starters. But you have only two options: 1-playing them PG/C 1 position in 1 match and at the other matches play them as backups; or 2-give up training any other skills than JS/DR/HD and let them play as SF starters. With 1-it will take a long time until you have a top level SF, but at the cost of the overall performance of your team; with 2-the overall performance of your team won't be so affected but your SF will turn into an incomplete SF.

So, the real problem begins when the SF reaches a certain age, generally 22 and after.

What I propose is an exception in the current training regime. And this exception is: training every single position would be possible when playing SF, but only for players 22 years or older. It could be 22, 23, 24, 25... it doesn't really matter when exactly. It wouldn't change much the current system. If a SF hasn't been properly trained when young, being able to train 1 single position as SF won't turn very effective, since training slows down when the player gets old. But, if the SF has been properly trained there would be a reward for the manager who trained him. More SFs would exist, everybody would be happier and that's it. HAPPY END

This Post:
188681.2 in reply to 188681.1
Date: 7/3/2011 11:21:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
alternative: create different combinations of players that can train JS/DR/Handling. such as allowing wings to train JS, etc.

This Post:
188681.3 in reply to 188681.2
Date: 7/3/2011 11:31:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Cross training will solve all those issues, so why even bother thinking about new suggestions?

This Post:
188681.4 in reply to 188681.2
Date: 7/3/2011 12:15:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
alternative: create different combinations of players that can train JS/DR/Handling. such as allowing wings to train JS, etc.

no, I'm talking only about small forwards, specially the older trainees. the drama is not about traing JS/DR/HD for SFs, the drama is training OD, ID, JR, Passing for older SF trainees.

This Post:
188681.5 in reply to 188681.4
Date: 7/4/2011 9:55:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
As soon as you do that then a good SF becomes normal and having a balanced SF becomes a reward that can help your team.