Off Season Training

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 7/7/2011 9:38:33 AM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I’m going to throw this suggestion out here for discussion. Off-season training. The off-season is a time when most players, particularly young players, can really hone in on parts of their game and get better.

So here’s the idea: Every player gets one skill to work on, and it could be different for every player, and as part of the off season processing each player gets the equivalent of 2 weeks of training at that skill. Perhaps this training would have more of an age weighting on the training effectiveness (i.e. older players get extra slow training since they’re spending more time in the off season recovering and getting ready for the next season), or maybe it would the same as regular training. Whether or not to allow GS as a skill that would impact the next season is debatable, but I could see that factoring into some strategic hand-wringing. The off-season training for each player could be set at any time during the season so that managers won’t have to wait until the season ends to set it (in case they’re on vacation or something and are afraid they’ll miss it the opportunity). The default for training would probably be Stamina (in case somebody didn’t change the training).

Perhaps the overall training speeds would need to be notched down a hair to compensate for the extra training and keep the universal training potential the same, or maybe not.

Anyway, that’s my thought of the day.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
189005.2 in reply to 189005.1
Date: 7/7/2011 6:56:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Decent idea, I think that maybe younger players (18-24) should get a pop in a random skill during offseason processing.

Check the Suggestions they are important

This Post:
189005.3 in reply to 189005.1
Date: 7/8/2011 8:44:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Absolutely NO.

This would encourage more teams to tank during the off-season, they would be able to save money&train young players.

If you have the bad luck that during 2 weeks you can't have 3 matchs, then next season try harder to advance in the play-off.

This Post:
189005.4 in reply to 189005.3
Date: 7/8/2011 8:48:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i believe he meant generally for all teams, in the time the injured players get healthy etc.

But i don't like it that much to, you should do something for the skills.

This Post:
189005.6 in reply to 189005.5
Date: 7/8/2011 7:56:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
So offseeason could only be random STAM and FT pops and poops then?
I wouldn't be opposed to that idea personally.

This Post:
189005.7 in reply to 189005.5
Date: 7/8/2011 8:14:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
There are so many examples of players (Jordan being the most prominent) who go away over the summer break and work on an aspect of their game and come back having greatly improved in it, whether it is their jump shot, post game, free throws etc. Naturally there are tons of others (the best example is Shaq) who do nothing in the offseason and come back a little worse and out of shape.

So without changing the entire BB universe's balance what if in the off season each team could choose three players to automatically get 48+ minutes training in one specific skill. They may all pop or none might.

So for my team I may decide Barton needs more passing (Sensational is never enough), Mu needs some inside defence and Kent really needs some free throws. Just click on the menu's (like they had at April Fools) and 48+ is theirs.

I would imagine this is a very low priority but perhaps the BBs can file it away somewhere for a rainy day.