Suggestions > Daytraders deflate the economy- create stability

Daytraders deflate the economy- create stability

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
189598.2 in reply to 189598.1
Date: 7/14/2011 7:09:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not interested in the TL at all, and I still find the game fun.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.

This Post:
189598.3 in reply to 189598.1
Date: 7/14/2011 9:44:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Wow ! A day-trading panegyric... That's wicked !

Really you are speculating in the blind. Can you make any estimation of the volume of money sunk out by day-traders each week ? The volume of money sunk out by other means ? The volume of created money injected in the economy by new teams ? Any rough numbers of the global economy ? What's the money supply and its fluctuations since the beginning of this year ?

I'd suspect that the day-trading activity has a very marginal effect on the global money supply.

Last edited by Manouche at 7/14/2011 9:47:33 AM

This Post:
189598.4 in reply to 189598.3
Date: 7/14/2011 9:58:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Easy to solve: introduce team spirit / team cohesion / team whatever

Team spirit would be good in general, not only as a measure against day-trader. I had the idea to suggest it for the nth time, then I gave up.

Last edited by Biffo (*DT Member) at 7/14/2011 9:59:05 AM

This Post:
189598.6 in reply to 189598.5
Date: 7/14/2011 10:52:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
As a manager of an U21 team of a small nation day traders are a filthy curse for us. I save the players, they become free agents, I see real teams have put on a fair bid for the players, then a day trader ganks them at the last minute. The player is now in the hands of the day trader who sees the NT symbol as the chance to clean up. They then relist them for double or triple what they paid four days later, they don't train the player, no-one pays that much, they continue to rot at stupidly high prices for a couple of week still getting no training, the daytraders slowly drop their proces until the player sells. They have made a profit in the end but the player has lost a few weeks of training and was probably marginal compared to the stars from the big nations who are trained properly from day one to begin with.

I just dropped two players from the U21 team tonight that were being sold by daytraders like this. I hope it hurts their profits. If they actually trained the players I wouldn't mind, but it is the selfishly wrecking the few potential future stars of this small nation in order to make a few bucks that really upsets me.

This Post:
189598.8 in reply to 189598.7
Date: 7/14/2011 11:16:09 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have no issue with people making profits, the issue I have is these players have less than three seasons to be trained to a standard we need for the U21 NT and if the daytraders just put them on ice for a few weeks it really hurts the players and the future prospects of the team.

I can certainly understand why daytraders wouldn't want to spend money on a high level coach and may have their own long term players they are training but it really is bad for the U21 NT.

If you train while you are trying to dangle the guys then please buy the guys who will be for sale on monday!

This Post:
189598.9 in reply to 189598.6
Date: 7/14/2011 11:47:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
they continue to rot at stupidly high prices for a couple of week

What you descirbe is an arbitrage dealer, not a daytrader.

This Post:
189598.10 in reply to 189598.5
Date: 7/14/2011 12:25:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am not sure the global economy is perfectly managed, maybe the BBs are not completely satisfied with the situation, maybe a few mistakes were made or a bit of trial and error.

But you have to reckon it's very difficult, certainly the most difficult aspect of a game like BB to fine tune. And it will never be perfect because the conditions will change heavily after a few seasons and corrections will have to be made, just like IRL. A self-regulated economy is a myth, it has never happened in history, there are only "markets" freer or more open than others, there are always rules and changes of rules.

You need some understanding of macroeconomics to deal with the global economy in BB, not that easy. I wouldn't be surprised to hear the BBs have sought advice of someone knowledgeable in the field.

This Post:
189598.11 in reply to 189598.10
Date: 7/14/2011 1:34:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Funny to some degree. Some days ago, Wolph claimed that "overtrained young FAs" are the end of Buzzerbeater, as they are clearly a sign of cheating, now only a week or two later, it´s the daytraders, who stand for the doom of all things to come, although those daytraders, as another one told us, are actually limiting the impact the "overtrained young fas" have on the market and the NTs. So while the daytraders are good in fighting against what Wolph claimed before, they are still the evil to fight?

In my humble opiniion, daytrading or "talent hunting" is to some degree a pain in the a$$, but honestly it part of a any professional sports for sure. If you can get talent for a price below market value, you often buy first and ask later, if only to be able to sell for good later.

I do agree that sucking money out of the market using the "transfer fee" is actually a positive thing balancing the bb economy.

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, die Dummheit und das All...