BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Anyway to implement trading?

Anyway to implement trading?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 7/20/2011 10:12:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hmm theres gotta be a cheatproof way to implement trading. What if trade requests could only be sent to teams out of your country. That would eliminate the possible cheating and make us managers feel more like masterminds and give us more strategy to build our teams. Of course there would have to be limits to how many trades managers are making in an amount of time. This could bring such a great dimension to the game and would make it so much more fun.

Last edited by DonutDunker at 7/20/2011 10:14:55 PM

This Post:
190147.2 in reply to 190147.1
Date: 7/21/2011 2:31:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
in my experience, most cheater use team in their own country*, and you can not see other players skill so such request would increase spamming in my eyes. But the chanches that a team have the player of your wishes and you have the player of their wishes is much lower that, someone want your player for a fair price and you could buy the player of your wishes from one of the 50k teams out there.

* which doesn't mean, that they are no cheating with foreign country teams, i misread it first.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 7/21/2011 12:35:20 PM

This Post:
190147.3 in reply to 190147.1
Date: 7/21/2011 12:32:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You would just get 2 managers from 2 different countries working together. I'm not sure that could possibly be implemented.

This Post:
190147.4 in reply to 190147.1
Date: 7/21/2011 12:40:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You mean there are no international friends?:)

!zazhigai!
This Post:
190147.5 in reply to 190147.4
Date: 7/21/2011 5:13:51 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I once knew this guy who lived somewhere far away, not in a country, but in more a kingdom that was ruled over by a queen, so it was more like a queendom, and no, not that sort of queendom, but this queen had a lot of gold and horses and specters, really a fetish for specters, not magic specters, regular specters with all sorts of gems and precious metals, and my friend had a friend another queendom, yes, there are more of these queendoms than you realize, and that queen didn’t have anything out of the ordinary that most other queens have, but she had a Painter of the Court who would paint stuff, you know, like with a paint brush and sometimes a roller, and he wanted more red paint since he could never have enough red paint on account of he especially liked to paint things red, but the queen of his queendom didn’t like red so much and she heard that the other queen, with one with all the specters, had a couple of extra painters who painted exclusively in black and white, and this queen who didn’t like red was sort of a hipster queen with those hipster glasses that she had sent to her from Italy and she wanted one of these black and white painters, so she arranged to have a specter made with recycled aluminum, which is an environmentally sensitive thing to do, and she proposed to trade this new specter and the painter who painted red to the other queen for a painter who painted only black and white, and so they traded, and then, um, that guy who lived there, in that queendom, uh, I forgot, how did I know him, something about transferring money to some aluminum recycler I think, but maybe it was something about a basketball team?

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
190147.6 in reply to 190147.5
Date: 7/22/2011 6:14:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have your post convert it in english but Google translate could not detect your language!

Last edited by Siam Dauâ„¢ (NT Coach Prathet Thai) at 7/22/2011 6:15:00 AM

This Post:
190147.7 in reply to 190147.5
Date: 7/22/2011 7:07:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well I think this is the only post in this topic that really makes sense..

This Post:
190147.8 in reply to 190147.2
Date: 7/22/2011 5:31:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I believe your trying to say that since you cannot see the skills of a player that it screws up my whole idea right? Well an easy solution would be to have a trading block. When you put a player on your trading block his skills are visible to every other player in the world except for the teams nationality of GM's. IE: My players on the trading block would have their skills visible to every other manager except for Canadian manager. GUYS! Doesn't this make alot of sense? It could work!!

This Post:
190147.9 in reply to 190147.3
Date: 7/22/2011 5:35:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I find this to be very easily spottable though. I mean if there are alliances between 2 "International Friends" thats okay" But if people are hiring their Jamaican friend to make an account and trade all his jamaican assets to a team this could be moderated well and all unreasonable trades could be undid.

Last edited by DonutDunker at 7/22/2011 5:35:27 PM

This Post:
190147.10 in reply to 190147.9
Date: 7/22/2011 7:06:42 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I think we're pretty good at tracking down cheaters. If somebody is cheating, sooner or later they usually get caught. But I'm sure there are still plenty of cheaters out that get away. I just nabbed somebody today that skated pretty long, and it wasn't like it was such a hard scheme to find and yet he got away with it for quite a while.

With trades, there would be judgment calls about the fairness of trades all the time. It could get pretty subjective at times if there was a fair deal or rigged one. I'd love to see a fair way to get trades here, but frankly, speaking (or typing) as someone who gets to peek under the hood, I haven't yet seen any proposal that wouldn't seriously tax the staff and potentially compromise the integrity of the game.

So never mind my, uh, creative ways of showing that I think a topic is going flat. I actually do appreciate when suggestions come up with the best of intentions. This is what keeps the game lively and where the community can help improve it. If the same topics keep coming up over and over again, we all hear the message, and there's a value in that.

But with regard to the trade issue, I think the general response is still the same. We need some fool-proof idea that will make sure that the proposed improvement won't have serious side effects that more than negate the benefits.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
190147.11 in reply to 190147.10
Date: 7/22/2011 10:58:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
And the side effects with the system i suggested are..?

(Not saying there aren't any just i believe the dimension of trading being added to the game outweighs the possible cheating loophole..which i still believe is very slim given the restrictions I've suggested)