BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Staff - Names - Cost

Staff - Names - Cost

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 3/11/2008 10:45:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I like the idea that the staff members are representative of the spending that a team expends in different areas, and that you can't expect to be able to upgrade your talent in mid-season.

But the actual staff members could be given individual identities (names and faces) while still representing a particular level of skill and cost. The names and faces could be drawn based on the particular country of a club, with some possibility of hiring a foreigner, particulary for the trainer.

BB might consider modifying the cost of the various level staff members. There are only a certain percentage of trainers in the word that are 10s. Teams are going to compete for these top level trainers through contract offers.

So determine a target percentage of 10's, 9's, etc. If the actual percentage at a certain level is greater than the target percentage, the next time a staff member of a particular level is available bump his salary by 10%. In effect, you would be creating a market for the best trainers, doctors, and PR hacks. There would be less of a cook book approach to hiring staff. Teams might remain more loyal to a staff member, even though his performance has declined somewhat over time.

For the lowest levels, perhaps 5 and below could have a virtually infinite supply and work for scale wages.

This Post:
19049.2 in reply to 19049.1
Date: 3/11/2008 11:05:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This isn't quite what you're saying, but I find it very strange that I have my choice of hundreds of players on the transfer list every day, yet I can only change (and not even necessarily upgrade) a staff member once a week. I think a better idea would be to either allow us to hire any level staff member at any time or to allow us to hire any level staff member at the beginning of each season (along the same lines of ticket prices, but per season).

This Post:
19049.3 in reply to 19049.2
Date: 3/12/2008 5:37:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree that prices and staff should be changed just once per season... with contracts for one season... and if you wanna change him in the middle of season so you should pay him all left season wage and only then hire new one staff member... In this case we should do more planing for a long terms... Also in my eyes that would be more realistic...

ZyZla - ZyZlūnas ZyZlavotas ~c(=