Exclude players from training

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 8/31/2011 5:07:30 AM
Phoenix_Suns
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Again, I want to ask the BB´s to make it possible to exclude players from training.
It´s a mess that I have to put players off position just because they would become too expensive when getting trained, e.g. my PF with REB 16 just doesn´t need any more skillup, at least I couldn´t afford it. But I nedd to train other guys in REB, so I have to make a decision: put him off position (SF or SG) where he is of little use or ruin my economy or sell the player. All options are a mess.

So please, please create an option "Exclude player from training".

Poll:  Do you want to have the option to exclude players from training?

YES
NO

This Post:
195460.2 in reply to 195460.1
Date: 8/31/2011 10:40:21 AM
Phoenix_Suns
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
And for the people that are voting: I´d like you to make a case for your pros and cons.
I wonder how that could have negative outcome...

This Post:
195460.3 in reply to 195460.2
Date: 8/31/2011 4:36:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah ive always liked the idea of this suggestion as well.

This Post:
195460.5 in reply to 195460.1
Date: 8/31/2011 11:48:26 PM
Milwaukee Lethargy
III.8
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Miłwaukee Lethargy
I don't have a strong opinion.
Then again, maybe this is the value of low potential players.
If your players are capped, it will take forever for them to increase in skill. Even all-star players cap very young. You can play them in their normal position & not worry!

This Post:
195460.6 in reply to 195460.4
Date: 8/31/2011 11:50:16 PM
Milwaukee Lethargy
III.8
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Miłwaukee Lethargy
THis would not fix the bigger issue of how training works, by the position you played in the game.

I would much much rather see a system where we pick players, not positions, for training and that those selected players need to simply play 48 minutes in a game.

Initially I agreed with you. But then again the challenge is that certain players are hard to train... Wouldn't that make a rare all-around SF just as easy to train as a 3 skilled center?

You could buy a not-too-tall, 21 year old mono-skilled center & just train him like single position PG for 4 full seasons without any game penalty. Or the same for a guard, training him in center skills without penalty. Everyone will have a team of perfect players?

If you could pick the players, maybe if there was a bonus for each minute played at a position? Say you're training 1 position handling. You get a bonus from minutes at PG, & less effect (but still some) for just standing under the basket at Center.

This Post:
195460.8 in reply to 195460.7
Date: 9/1/2011 1:19:47 AM
Milwaukee Lethargy
III.8
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Miłwaukee Lethargy
Alright, on second thought I would be for it again.
Plus the ability to train ultra-customized players would be nice. I'd definitely take advantage by making some really bizarre skill sets that don't even exist on the TL, no doubt. Selfishly I'd be upset that I could no longer be 9-1 with a $13k SF as my starter & only viable option (even with teams spending like crazy lately). But oh well..

If nothing that drastic is done, I'd like to at least see more effective team training. (non FT / Stamina) Virtually no one uses team training for rebounding, passing, etc.. Maybe double the effectiveness & add some new options (OD, inside shot, & so on). It still wouldn't replace normal training, just wouldn't be so useless.

This Post:
195460.10 in reply to 195460.8
Date: 9/1/2011 5:22:29 PM
Hamburg Albatrosses
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Alright, on second thought I would be for it again.
Plus the ability to train ultra-customized players would be nice. I'd definitely take advantage by making some really bizarre skill sets that don't even exist on the TL, no doubt. Selfishly I'd be upset that I could no longer be 9-1 with a $13k SF as my starter & only viable option (even with teams spending like crazy lately). But oh well..

If nothing that drastic is done, I'd like to at least see more effective team training. (non FT / Stamina) Virtually no one uses team training for rebounding, passing, etc.. Maybe double the effectiveness & add some new options (OD, inside shot, & so on). It still wouldn't replace normal training, just wouldn't be so useless.

I also think this is quite a good suggestion. Wouldn't be a complete change of the training system but in weeks where your minutes are screwed on the training-spot, one could change to team training and not complete loose one week ...

Du hast nicht genug Geld, um dieses Gebot abzugeben!
This Post:
195460.11 in reply to 195460.4
Date: 9/6/2011 3:13:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
THis would not fix the bigger issue of how training works, by the position you played in the game.

I would much much rather see a system where we pick players, not positions, for training and that those selected players need to simply play 48 minutes in a game.

not a very good suggestion..your wish would crash the whole system..every team would have at least 2 or 3 well rounded guys..and now think what will happen to the market..its hard to be scottie pippen in real life and its hard to be scottie pippen in buzzerbeater..but its possible!!

Cheers

Will

Last edited by WillFreeman at 9/6/2011 3:14:51 AM