BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > The Importance of Passing

The Importance of Passing (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 9/15/2011 8:21:51 PM
Delta 9
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Euphoria Seekers
Often times, offensive flow seems completely insignificant. There are teams in my league who throw down awful/inept offensive flow without missing a beat and I've seen teams with Respectable offensive flow who don't seem to benefit from it much.

I spent most of last season training my PG's, naturally training passing sometimes. I notice, however, that many other teams play SG's at the PG position and are very successful.

Despite these indications that having a PG with really great passing is not important, PG's typically go for very high values on the transfer list. What's up with that? PG is also a very easy position to train, which should dampen PG prices, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

This Post:
196532.5 in reply to 196532.1
Date: 9/16/2011 10:04:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Passing is definitely important but once again the importance of it is also correlated to the tactic you are running. Good passing helps create easier shots for your players but your other players must need the IS/JS to be able to hit the shot. Having said that, Inside scoring teams require more passing than outside shooting ones.

I've seen LI teams epically fail when they constantly can't get the ball inside and end up taking a lot of outside shots instead.

Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted