BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Team Chemistry/Familiarity

Team Chemistry/Familiarity (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/26/2011 9:49:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe this has been said before but I didn't see it in the list of suggestions.

I'd like to suggest adding a component to the game engine that considers the team chemistry, or put another way the team's familiarity in playing with each other. Too many times I've seen teams be able to go out a rent some really expensive players for a game or two to get some key wins and then sell them off. I would think this should hurt team chemistry and enthusiasm. Who wants to see some guy come in and take a spot on the team for a game and then leave. It should be much more valuable to have a set of guys that learn each others strengths and tendancies and how to best play together. You could even have a team chemistry rating similar to enthusiasm that managers should be working to maximize and get the most benefit from.

This Post:
199501.2 in reply to 199501.1
Date: 10/27/2011 3:03:46 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree.
Team chemistry is something important in a team, and besides the economic, which is already affected by that, it should also affect the team's ability

I also think that having several players from same nation should affect team's game as well.
Micro nation will suffer from it, but only to a small degree (if at all), as it does not specify WHICH nation they should be from!

This Post:
199501.3 in reply to 199501.1
Date: 10/27/2011 3:44:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I heard a solution for this i personally like more, cause team chemistry don't get necessary better when you stick the same guys together all time. Normally team chemistry neeeds often new blood, and fine age mix, satisfying minute distribution, some leader but not to much and so on ... And even when this is alright, it could still happen that one player sleep with the mother of another player.
Also the hoit in the chemistry would appear even, when the new dudes didn't play. And a new player isn't always a reason to play worse, sometimes you are happy, hey we got Shaq he is a legend. Sometimes you are motivated to show, hey its Shaq but he gettings old i keep my starting spot i just had to work hard.

iI believe in the past it get suggested that player who get transfered should loose one or two points gameshape, through the moving and familizing with a new team.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 10/27/2011 3:47:52 AM

This Post:
199501.4 in reply to 199501.3
Date: 10/27/2011 4:21:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I heard a solution for this i personally like more, cause team chemistry don't get necessary better when you stick the same guys together all time. Normally team chemistry neeeds often new blood, and fine age mix, satisfying minute distribution, some leader but not to much and so on ... And even when this is alright, it could still happen that one player sleep with the mother of another player.
Also the hoit in the chemistry would appear even, when the new dudes didn't play. And a new player isn't always a reason to play worse, sometimes you are happy, hey we got Shaq he is a legend. Sometimes you are motivated to show, hey its Shaq but he gettings old i keep my starting spot i just had to work hard.

And still in most cases - the chemistry of a team is much better when players know each other.
Not to mention that they also know how to use better the other skills - where and how he likes to get the ball etc.

The main point in this suggestion is to give users who build and develop a team, and not just makes instant team from one match to the other, an advantage.
I think that building and developing a team does not get much credit and importance, as it should get, under current definition.
Hence, I totally support the spirit of this suggestion.

The other cases you've brang can be called - random issues inside a team as most of the time they cannot be predicted.
It may be added as a new suggestion.
It is similar to injuries that ends careers etc.
But, it is totally parallel to the suggestion that was brought here.

This Post:
199501.5 in reply to 199501.4
Date: 10/27/2011 5:32:27 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
And still in most cases - the chemistry of a team is much better when players know each other.

maybe when they drive on the countryside for a picknick, but when you like to win championship you need new guys with high targets, you need guys fighting for minutes which each other and the rival or the former starter get unsatisfied when the minutes changes to their disguise etc.
If you not change the mix from time to time, and give an ambitious backup a new challenge in a other team(or send away the former starter) to get another one normally your team will be stuck. Also the arrival of a new star, give a team a push or a new backup can help the starter to fight harder.
Just saying when you keep them long enough they are a happy family ambitious family is in my eyes simply wrong.

The main point in this suggestion is to give users who build and develop a team, and not just makes instant team from one match to the other, an advantage.

if it really that big problem i suggested an alternative which i would favour. Which will also work, at least you didn't make an argument why not.

Even when i say, that a bit dynamic instead isn't really bad for a game, instead of encouraging people to do nothing.

This Post:
199501.6 in reply to 199501.5
Date: 10/27/2011 6:44:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Every professional sports team needs 2-3 new faces every season. Period.

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, die Dummheit und das All...
This Post:
199501.7 in reply to 199501.6
Date: 10/27/2011 1:11:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Who was replaced from the main players between LA last champinships? The same about SA. etc.

Let's say that its true. What does it proves?
One will replace 3 players and will pay for that (by whatever will be defined) on the basketball court.

The other will not replace any and will have disadvantage of worse players (as you are tryin to imply by saying that players must be replaced for improving the team), but will not pay for this lack of chemistry.

And another one will change his all team, and will need to pay even more to this lack of chemistry.

This suggestion has much sense.

This Post:
199501.8 in reply to 199501.7
Date: 10/27/2011 1:21:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The other will not replace any and will have disadvantage of worse players (as you are tryin to imply by saying that players must be replaced for improving the team)

he say to keep the chemistry up, not to improve. because sportsteam without change, try tend to get a bad chemistry(at least for the performance) since their are less rivalrys for game time etc.

What he is saying if you make no transfer tit is bad for the chemistry too, and that getting really complicated.

So it is also not about key player, but you need some hungry player and players who make the starter compete maybe like the dude before who neither gives up after a while or get unsatisfied with his role.

This Post:
199501.9 in reply to 199501.5
Date: 10/27/2011 1:39:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
maybe when they drive on the countryside for a picknick, but when you like to win championship you need new guys with high targets, you need guys fighting for minutes which each other and the rival or the former starter get unsatisfied when the minutes changes to their disguise etc.
If you not change the mix from time to time, and give an ambitious backup a new challenge in a other team(or send away the former starter) to get another one normally your team will be stuck. Also the arrival of a new star, give a team a push or a new backup can help the starter to fight harder.
Just saying when you keep them long enough they are a happy family ambitious family is in my eyes simply wrong.

Having better players improve the team, as you can definately see on real team and in BB.
But, this does not come in contradiction to a team who run with the same players and each know what the favourable play is, and where it is better to pass him the ball.
This is called chemistry in a team, and it is not considentialy a phrase in baskeball and other sport's games.

Even when i say, that a bit dynamic instead isn't really bad for a game, instead of encouraging people to do nothing
It is not doing nothing - it is improving the team by getting better in tactics for the players you current have, training them better - choosing corectly who to train, choosing how much to invest in that, and choosing the type of training etc.

Currently the BB is all about selling and purchasing constantly and during the season.

In the real world, it is suprisingly not so.
Teams adds a major player only once in a while.
How much players the mavericks (for example) got in the last season? When? How big was their role?

This Post:
199501.10 in reply to 199501.9
Date: 10/27/2011 1:56:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Teams adds a major player only once in a while.
How much players the mavericks (for example) got in the last season? When? How big was their role?

Chandler, Jones., Butler just to name three. Two of them was quite important i think ;) About one of them was after his injury constantly trade rumours.

But, this does not come in contradiction to a team who run with the same players and each know what the favourable play is, and where it is better to pass him the ball.
This is called chemistry in a team, and it is not considentialy a phrase in baskeball and other sport's games.]

yes, but still all team replace their players, not everytime with better ones. To keep the chemistry up, caused 2-3 player can be integrated in a functioning system(i believe you mean that instead of chemistry). Which is also a more realistic amount to be succesfull, when you considering chemistry and pretty close to the none scrimmage change i do here(maybe even less).

Currently the BB is all about selling and purchasing constantly and during the season.

if you follow basketball, especially in europe you couldn't say that. But probadly europe is in fantasialand, like your BB experience. Buying selling is part of the game, but not close to the key part. And hey you started the real world ;)

Here you see for example the changes during the offseason and first weeks in the german first division, and in average there get also two player replaced during the season(so +4 transfers):

http://www.beko-bbl.de/remotecontent/deliver.php?menuid=1...
(first row players who come, second row player who changed the club, third row players and trainers who stay, most of them are players from the second team who rarely play)

Maybe you can say that this isn't like then in israel, but in my experience, 3-4 players from israel are transfered during the season in the BBL so i doubt it.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 10/27/2011 2:01:18 PM

This Post:
199501.11 in reply to 199501.10
Date: 10/27/2011 2:14:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Chandler, Jones., Butler just to name three. Two of them was quite important i think ;) About one of them was after his injury constantly trade rumours.
Chandler was the only important key here.
Butler had been injured and didn't played in the playoff.
Chandler was not the main players at the team and not the second. [Interestingly you didn't write that about their role in the team]

I didn't say that there are no players replacements at all.
I wrote that in BB-world it comes in rate which is huge comparing to the real world.
Both in quantity and in their role.

In the end, it is not rare to see teams here just buy players seconds before playoff or tunking by selling all their players.

This game in not all about exploiting the TL (especially due to the fact that it is unfair due to its current auction system).
Training, tactics, minutes spreading and others should have at least as big role as TL currently has.