BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Outside Isolation

Outside Isolation

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/6/2011 8:37:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
There may have been a thread about this in the past- if so I apologize.

For those who might have some expertise with this set, I'm wondering what kind of lineup I need to have for the tactic to work. I believe I might have an effective set of players to do so, but again, I've never run it successfully so I'd hope to get some more background on it before employing it.

Sort of a 3-way question
- What position should I plug my scorer in at (I'm assuming either SG, or that it just doesn't matter- the game engine determines who the player that should get the ball is)
- What should my "scorer" have his skills look like?
- What are the supporting 4 players' most important skills?

This Post:
201651.2 in reply to 201651.1
Date: 11/6/2011 9:12:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ive used this offence a couple of times in my scrimmages.
From what i can tell, the game engine will work out the best 'outside' match-up through which it can score.

So logic would suggest that you're best outside would get the ball and shoot/drive right?
well, i havent actually experienced this, rather, if my PF outside skills (JS/JR/DR) are really good compared to his opponents OD, he tends to take 3's and long range 2's.
My most recent game where i played this offence, had my C's taking 3. as in, my C's combined to be 1-6 from 3 point land. Not exactly what i was looking for but oh well.

my PF dominated that game though, because he has good outside skills. 10-13 from FG.

One other thing I have observed as well, is that, you might have a guy who is excellent driving, so he will actually still drive to the bucket, so even though its 'outside isolation', your best outside player may try and burn his opponent off the dribble (this may also be a factor of DR + IS?)

But one thing i havent experimented with this offence yet, is playing a SG in the PF position. Id image that, if you did, and your opponent played M2M, your SG would pretty much dominate. But this is not mthat much different to Patient, (if you play SG at PF position).

anyways, thats my experience with this offence. Ive only run it 6-7 times max, so i can't really comment toooo much.

This Post:
201651.3 in reply to 201651.1
Date: 11/9/2011 12:46:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I played most of season 16 with Outside Iso. Most of my points came from my SG. who had high jr/js. it seems to be a slowpaced offense leading up to when u find the mismatch then it speeds up