Help - English > training 3 player in PG

training 3 player in PG

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/21/2011 4:23:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
hello

what should be my lineup per game per week if i am training 3 players in PG?

48 mins each.

last game, i did

starting - backup - reserve
PG Trainee 1 Trainee 1 Trainee 1
SG starting SG backup SG blank
SF starting SF backup SF blank
PF starting PF backup PF blank
C starting C backup c blank

what happned was my trainee PG got injured in 16 min. then what happend was the engine sub him with my C!
i lead by 8 points in the first q then loss by 10 in final.

is my lineup for training correct? or should i placed a reserve trainee no.2 at reserve? the draw back for that is that the coach will sub for the reserve trainee if the game is blowout.

stictly follow depth chart
let them play

This Post:
203026.3 in reply to 203026.2
Date: 11/21/2011 9:09:01 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i am more interested in the formation that i used. which is correct? the first one with no subs and blank reserves for other positions

or

i place a 2nd trainee as reserve just in case trainee 1 gets injured

Message deleted
This Post:
203026.5 in reply to 203026.4
Date: 11/21/2011 9:22:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I've been single position training three guards, and in order to consistently get their full game in, I do the following depth chart

SG starting SG backup SG backup SG
SF starting SF backup SF backup SF
PF starting PF backup PF backup PF
C starting C backup c backup C

Strictly follow and let them play for substitution and foul trouble choices.

This will help prevent weird substitutions if you have big blowout wins.

But, if you're trying to get 48+ min for three players in single position, there's nothing you can do if you suffer and injury or a foul out. That's part of the risk of doing single position training, in that when that happens, it becomes very hard to win your game.

In weeks where you have a game where your trainee doesn't get his full 48+, you'll have to decide whether to switch to two position training (in which case you'll want to plan beforehand what you would switch to, and where you should be playing your other trainees as backups), or just bit the bullet and accept the sub 48+ minute on your unlucky trainee.

This Post:
203026.7 in reply to 203026.5
Date: 11/21/2011 5:15:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I've been single position training three guards, and in order to consistently get their full game in, I do the following depth chart

SG starting SG backup SG backup SG
SF starting SF backup SF backup SF
PF starting PF backup PF backup PF
C starting C backup c backup C

Strictly follow and let them play for substitution and foul trouble choices.

This will help prevent weird substitutions if you have big blowout wins.

But, if you're trying to get 48+ min for three players in single position, there's nothing you can do if you suffer and injury or a foul out. That's part of the risk of doing single position training, in that when that happens, it becomes very hard to win your game.

In weeks where you have a game where your trainee doesn't get his full 48+, you'll have to decide whether to switch to two position training (in which case you'll want to plan beforehand what you would switch to, and where you should be playing your other trainees as backups), or just bit the bullet and accept the sub 48+ minute on your unlucky trainee.

A week or so ago I finally had a game that the pattern above didn't work entirely on. I had just gone up 22 with about 6 minutes left, and my starting PF got fouled on a shooting foul. Garbage time set in, and the substitutions occurred between the first and second FT, and since my PF was at the line for a second FT, the backup PF replaced my PG. It stayed that way for a few minutes - one time my player tried to recover a rebound and it went out of bounds, and no substitution, but I don't know if I've ever seen a substitution after that text. Then the PF got fouled on another shot, so that one didn't get to happen. Finally the backup PF got called for a shooting foul so he could swap to his proper position and bring the trainee back in. Odd turn of events for sure.

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/match/39467419/reportmatch.as...)

This Post:
203026.8 in reply to 203026.7
Date: 11/21/2011 6:59:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
That is a pretty weird one for sure.

So it's not 100% guaranteed even in games where there's no foul out or injury. Good to know.

Oh the vagaries of the substitution AI. It's all crazee like!

This Post:
203026.9 in reply to 203026.8
Date: 11/22/2011 9:29:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
That is a pretty weird one for sure.

So it's not 100% guaranteed even in games where there's no foul out or injury. Good to know.

Oh the vagaries of the substitution AI. It's all crazee like!

Of course, the set of circumstances that caused it is pretty limited - you've got to have a shooting foul take place and the game decide to trigger garbage time right at that point. Of course, I would have liked to see the coach take a timeout after the second to put the trainee back in, or leave the backup to the guy taking the shots on the bench until the next break in the action, but mostly I'm just glad it was only a couple of minutes.