Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/23/2011 8:52:28 AM
Matrix Mighty Dunkers
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi,

I have an Idea for finish with "tanking", I think that there must be rule: if You want to sell player when the season starts You must pay three weeks solary for braech of contract which would be concluded at the begining of the season. This functionality would be concern to players You buy at the season too.

You can sold player only withaout penalty when he is playing in Your team longer then one full season.

what do You think?

Last edited by aMORFIczny at 11/23/2011 9:33:54 AM

This Post:
203208.2 in reply to 203208.1
Date: 11/23/2011 9:14:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i don't think that this will avoid tanking, when i look at my roster there is just one player less then one season in my roster with significant salary. So i had to pay maybe 200k for tank which is 25% of my weekly salary. probadly lot teams will have a bigger contribution in this category, but it will not cost more then one weekly salary each week.

Also it hurts who like to rebuild, maybe why they are promoted to a higher league and had to replace several starter, with less money maybe this get impossible and tanking get more attractive for them, when they can not keep the league anyway.

The only good impact i see in this, it would make day trading more difficult ... But also there it mostly counts for players daytrading with high salary player, in my experience daytrading is more popular in low salary areas which aren't effected that much. So when you want to do something in this direction, i would prefer to raise the fees for transaction which also have the one season effect, but acts more fair in fighting trading(cause it affect small salary transfer like big salary transfers).

Edit: when it only applie to the begin of the season, people will start to tank at another point of the season ;) For me it even seems t be more attractive to start stop tanking in the mid of the season, cause you maybe could avoid relegation through it.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 11/23/2011 9:17:17 AM

This Post:
203208.3 in reply to 203208.2
Date: 11/23/2011 9:55:58 AM
Matrix Mighty Dunkers
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
CrazyEye You are not a daytrader, You build Your team for few seasons, and only change players who are not good for tactics, I want to penalize managers who buy players only for one game, play-offs, who wants to win one game and then sold player.

Also it hurts who like to rebuild

liking to rebuild, come on, this managers do not know what they want, Ok know tanking

i would prefer to raise the fees for transaction which also have the one season effect, but acts more fair in fighting trading(cause it affect small salary transfer like big salary transfers)

could You explain it?

when it only applie to the begin of the season, people will start to tank at another point of the season ;) For me it even seems t be more attractive to start stop tanking in the mid of the season, cause you maybe could avoid relegation through it.

I think tanking is starting when manager is promoted to the higher league and he knows that he will relagate at the end of season, then he is selling all players to The lower limit of wages and tank whole season and in the finish of season buy few players for playing play-offs to stay, and then sell them after few games. I want to finish it by penalty for selling new players.

thanks for advice

Last edited by aMORFIczny at 11/23/2011 9:57:05 AM

This Post:
203208.5 in reply to 203208.3
Date: 11/23/2011 2:05:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
liking to rebuild, come on, this managers do not know what they want, Ok know tanking

most manager promoting from legue 2 to one, often needs two or three new stars, to get them they had to sell their previous players and have to replace then by significant stronger ones. They know what they want, and thats a first league roster instead a div 1 roster, but this cost money which they would loose through your suggestion and therefore maybe not have.

But with too weak player he had to keep he is already something like tanking since he is overpowered by the opossition, then he could pay some additional salaries to get extra profit later.

I beleive also at other competive leagues you had to do this, after a promotion.

I think tanking is starting when manager is promoted to the higher league and he knows that he will relagate at the end of season, then he is selling all players to The lower limit of wages and tank whole season and in the finish of season buy few players for playing play-offs to stay, and then sell them after few games. I want to finish it by penalty for selling new players.

those player he sale are often not new, they are often veterans. So he won't be affected by it through your rule(if it is not only depending on time, and in thise case you will tank earlier or later)

thanks for advice

we had often teams who starts to tank, after several season of a season, since they loose money the previous season and now generate it for the next attack etc. Thats not exclusiv for teams who are promoted - but maybe more teams who promote do it cause they couldn't rebuild their roster to beat the opposition - or should i say they didn't know what they want previously?

This Post:
203208.6 in reply to 203208.5
Date: 11/24/2011 2:51:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Correct. Teams have the team they need to win their league but if they actually promote they will want to change their roster a lot. It would be crazy to penalise them. Likewise top competitive teams at the start of a season sometimes see a real powerhouse relegated and it is only sensible to cut a couple of players and make money for a season until the powerhouse goes back up.

This Post:
203208.7 in reply to 203208.6
Date: 11/29/2011 11:46:54 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Tanking is part of the game. When I plan out my game strategies, especially towards the end of the season, I factor in the likelihood of which teams will tank into my strategy, whether it means tanking a game for training, draft position, etc. Teams that tank are penalized enough by the loss of income from having poor showings in the Fan category.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
203208.8 in reply to 203208.1
Date: 12/3/2011 5:08:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I believe I wrote it somewhere, but I think that the easier way of defining a tanker will be the following:
Each week that the salaries total had been 10% (for example) below the average salaries (of that team) will be taxed (at the end of the year) by 1$ per 1$ difference (for example).

I totaly agree with you that the tanking issue should be handled much better than it currently does.

This Post:
203208.9 in reply to 203208.8
Date: 12/3/2011 5:56:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
We can't actually force the same rule as NBA. Create a salary cap and force teams to fill out, for example, 70% of that. I think this would be really hard to implement, as team that promotes and has near to 0 available funds (except that promotion bonus), can not fulfill those requirements. I think the player salary floor is working, perhaps a small raise of that salary floor should be in order.

This Post:
203208.10 in reply to 203208.9
Date: 12/3/2011 7:42:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
We can't actually force the same rule as NBA. Create a salary cap and force teams to fill out, for example, 70% of that. I think this would be really hard to implement, as team that promotes and has near to 0 available funds (except that promotion bonus), can not fulfill those requirements. I think the player salary floor is working, perhaps a small raise of that salary floor should be in order.
There is no explanation why it is not possible. The reason is that it just is POSSIBLE and RIGHT.

When a team exploits all of it funds at the beginning of the year, and will just use new income for improvement during the season, it will be fall at the limitation of 10% (for example) from the teams salary average during the year.

In case that team had not have money for players because they use it for seats, and could only buy during the season - well, this is just an excuse, and they will need to think about when to invest at the arena, when this feature will be (hopefully) added.

This Post:
203208.11 in reply to 203208.8
Date: 12/3/2011 10:39:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I believe I wrote it somewhere, but I think that the easier way of defining a tanker will be the following:
Each week that the salaries total had been 10% (for example) below the average salaries (of that team) will be taxed (at the end of the year) by 1$ per 1$ difference (for example).

I totaly agree with you that the tanking issue should be handled much better than it currently does.

many teams tank a full season, also you can reduce your salarys without beeing worse* or get better in course of a season without forfeiting before but this will push the averages of that week below. Most teams who promote the last season, will increase their salarys in the first week in the season, and now they get fined for this week?

Or player who sell their draft and get 1-2 old guys for them, should be fined at the end for it now?

This is a solution which leads to tanking, cause selling the whole roster at the begin of each season would be the the much better way now, instead of getting bwetter to stay in the league.

* for example, i have an elite PF. if i play a classical C instead of him there my salarys will increase around 120k to stay at the same level of the competition. And voila if i make this change, my first week of the season would be tanking^^

Last edited by CrazyEye at 12/3/2011 10:41:49 AM